Amazon Firestick has one major advantage over the Roku device. You can install apps that are not available on the official App Store. With the APK file or download link, you can install any apps or games using third-party installers. Like that, you can install the Vudu app on your Firestick even though the app is not available on the Amazon App Store.
Vudu is a streaming app but completely different from the rest of the streaming apps. In Netflix, Prime Video, and Hulu, you need to pay monthly or yearly subscriptions to watch video content. But in the Vudu app, you need to pay for the movie or series you want to watch. In this way, you won’t waste your money for a whole month. If you want to see a movie, buy or rent the movie alone in the Vudu app. Vudu is one of the best money-saving streaming apps when compared to Netflix and Prime Video.
As the Vudu app is not available on the Amazon App Store, you need to sideload the app using the Downloader app. If you don’t have the Downloader app, install Downloader for Firestick using our detailed guide. When using Downloader, you need to turn on a feature called Apps from Unknown Sources. This will allow the Download app to install apps on your Firestick. To do so,
(1) Turn on your Firestick and go to the Settings option on the top of the screen.
(2) Select the My Fire TV option or Devices option.
(3) A list of options will appear. Choose the Developer options.
(4) Click on the Apps from Unknown Sources option to turn it on.
(5) Now, a confirmation screen will appear. Click the Turn On button to confirm the changes.
Procedure to Install Vudu on Firestick
(1) Open the Downloader app on your Firestick.
(2) Go to the Search bar and type the Vudu download link, https://bit.ly/2SNwKhF.
(3) Then, click the Go button.
(4) The apk file will be downloaded.
(5) On the next screen, click the Install button.
(6) Now, click the Open button to launch the Vudu app.
How to Use Vudu on Firestick?
(1) Open the Vudu app on your Firestick.
(2) Sign in with your Vudu account.
(3) When you get the Success! screen, click the Browse Vudu button.
(4) Now, you get the Vudu home screen.
Download and install the Vudu app on your Fire TV device with the Downloader app. Buy or rent your favorite movies from the Vudu app and stream them on your Firestick. If you have any doubts about the above steps tell us in the comments below.
Related: How to Install and Stream Vudu on Roku [Guide]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a Vudu app for Amazon Fire Stick?
No, the Vudu app is not in the Amazon App Store. You need to install the app using the Downloader app.
2. Does Walmart own VUDU?
Not anymore. NBCUniversal’s Fandango acquired Vudu from April 2020.