Owned by Nexstar Media Group, WGN America is a popular streaming channel in the USA. The channel provides daily news, TV shows, comedy, drama series, and some theatrical feature films. Though WGN America is a popular TV channel, it doesn’t have a subscription. You have to access the app via your cable TV provider or live TV streaming providers. As of now, the WGN America app is not available on the Roku Channel Store. But, there are ways to watch WGN America channels’ content on Roku using live TV providers. Let’s see how to watch WGN America content on Roku streaming devices.
How to Watch WGN America on Roku using DirecTV Stream
(1) Turn on your Roku and wait for the Home screen to appear.
(2) On the Home screen, go to the Streaming Channels option.
(3) The Roku Channel Store will appear. Tap the Search Channels option.
(4) Enter the app name, DirecTV Stream, and search. Select the app from the list of apps displayed.
(5) On the next screen, tap the Add Channel button.
(6) The channel will be downloaded and installed.
(7) Open the DirecTV Stream app on your Roku and sign in with your subscribed account.
(8) Find the WGN America channel and start streaming it live on your TV.
Alternate Way to Watch WGN America on Roku TV
You can also screen mirror the WGN America app from your Android smartphone until the release of WGN Roku app. The app is available for all Android smartphones.
(1) Install the WGN America app from the Play Store.
(2) Connect your Roku to the same WiFi network as your smartphone.
(3) Now, on your Roku, go to the Settings option.
(4) Under Settings, select the System option.
(5) On the System Settings, choose the Screen mirroring feature.
(6) Select the Screen mirroring mode and choose the Always allow option.
(7) Now, on your smartphone, go to the Quick Acess menu and tap the Cast icon.
(8) It will search for a nearby casting device. Tap on your Roku device.
(9) When done, your smartphone screen will appear on your Roku.
(10) Then, open the WGN TV Live app and choose your favorite video title.
(11) With this, you shall start streaming the same title from the WGN app on your Roku TV screen.
WGN Compatible Devices
- How to Stream WGN America on Apple TV
- Chromecast WGN America to TV [Easy Ways]
- How to Install WGN America on Firestick [Guide]
- How to Get WGN America on Google TV [Possible Ways]
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the WGN channel is not available for Roku. You have to use the streaming app or screen mirroring feature to watch the WGN America channel’s content.
Other than DirecTV Stream, WGN America is available on Sling TV, and Hulu. In addition, you can also stream WGN America using the YouTube TV on Roku.
The channel doesn’t have a standalone subscription. It would be best if you had an active live TV subscription like Hulu and DirecTV Stream to access the video contents.
No. There is no WGN America Roku app available officially.
Yes. You can use YouTube TV to stay up-to-date with the Chicago news.
Yes. You can stream WGN with the Hulu+Live TV subscription.
You can stream WGN America on DirecTV Stream, Hulu, fuboTV, YouTube TV, and Sling TV.