As we all know, Roku is yet another streaming device that gives us numerous content from various streaming channels. WhatsApp is a widely used social networking application. But unfortunately, these two toppers don’t go hand in hand. You cannot download WhatsApp on Roku but you can mirror your device in order to use WhatsApp on Roku.
How to Use WhatsApp on Roku?
The best way to use WhatsApp on Roku is to mirror your device which is very easy. Before proceeding any further lets Turn On Screen Mirroring on Roku.
Turn on Screen Mirroring
- Turn on your Roku and as usual sign in to your Roku account.
- Go to Home screen >> Settings >> System >> Screen Mirroring >> Screen Mirroring mode >> Prompt.
So, merely navigation will help you to enjoy the mirroring.
How to Use WhatsApp on Roku from Android mobile?
Follow the steps below to screen mirror Whatsapp from Android Smartphones:
- Connect your Roku device to the same WiFi network as that of your Android phone.
- Download and Install the Roku app on your Android mobile.
- On your android phone go to Settings >> Display >> Cast. There will be a menu button on the upper right corner.
- Tap and check “Enable Wireless Display“. Now you can find your Roku device name. Tap it to enjoy the screen mirroring.
- Now open WhatsApp on your Android phone and use it.
How to Use WhatsApp on Roku from Windows?
Follow the steps below to screen mirror Whatsapp from Windows:
- Connect Computer and Roku device to the same WiFI network.
- Open Chrome browser and log in to the WhatsApp web using QR code or open the Whatsapp for PC app.
- Click on the Notification button and select the “Connect” option.
- The Roku device name will appear.
- Click on the device name to connect to Roku. The entire desktop will now get mirrored on your Roku.
- Use Whatsapp on PC and start seeing it on Roku.
How to use WhatsApp on Roku From iPhone ?
Follow the steps below to screen mirror Whatsapp from iPhone:
- It is very to simple to screen from the iPhone. Download the Roku app on your iPhone.
- Find your device and tap it to connect. Now you will see a mirror reflection on TV.
You can use the above methods to use Facebook on Roku streaming devices as well.
As the Whatsapp app is not available on any streaming devices, you have to use these methods to mirror it on your device. While mirroring Whatsapp Video calls on Roku, your phone camera and microphone only will get used. You can only see the video on your TV.