Google has stepped into the live TV streaming service with YouTube TV. It is a subscription-based streaming service developed in a way to target those who are about to cut the cord or cable TV subscription. Thus, it has no hidden fees including cancellation fees and DVR fees. In a short span, YouTube TV has become the best overall TV streaming service. YouTube TV lets you watch live TV from more than 85 top channels with unlimited cloud DVR storage. You shall try it free for 2 weeks and it costs $64.99/mo with zero installation fee, unlimited cloud DVR storage, and 3 simultaneous streaming. While YouTube TV is compatible with a wide range of platforms, this section is all about hoe install YouTube TV on Firestick/Fire TV. So, you will get the picture-perfect live TV experience at your home.
How to Install YouTube TV on Firestick/Fire TV?
YouTube TV is available as a standalone app on Amazon App Store. So, installing it is super easy with the steps given below.
(1) Turn on the Firestick or Fire TV and let its home screen appears.
(2) Navigate to the top left corner to select Magnifier (search) icon.
(3) Type the app name as YouTube TV. When the suggestions appears, select YouTube TV.
(4) On the list of apps, you need to select YouTube TV app.
(5) When redirected to the app info screen, select Download to get it.
(6) Wait for a minute or two to let the app download and install on Amazon Firestick.
(7) Click Open to launch YouTube TV app on Firestick.
Note: You shall navigate to My Apps & Channels section of Firestick to open YouTube TV app at any time.
Procedure to Move YouTube TV to Firestick Home Screen
The steps given below is completely optional and you shall follow it if you are about to use YouTube TV frequently.
(1) Press the Home button on your remote to choose Apps.
(2) Among the list of apps, you will find YouTube TV at last. Select it and click Options button on remote.
(3) A popup will appear at the bottom right section in which you need to choose Move.
(4) Just move the YouTube TV to the top row to thereby access it from Home screen.
(5) Press Select button on Firestick remote to drop the icon.
(6) Navigate back to Firestick Home screen and you can access YouTube TV.
How to Use YouTube TV on Firestick?
The following steps will help you activate and use YouTube TV on Fire TV.
(1) Launch YouTube TV from the Home screen of Firestick.
(2) Select Sign In button to log in to your YouTube TV account.
(3) Optionally, you shall click on Try It Free button to create an account with YouTube TV.
(4) Go to https://tv.youtube.com/start using the PC or phone browser.
(5) Type the activation code as shown on Firestick.
(6) Sign in with your Google account if you aren’t logged in already to use YouTube TV.
While YouTube TV is available in all parts of the United States, those who prefer using it from other regions require VPN access. Otherwise, you shall sideload YouTube TV as an Apk using Aptoide TV. Either of the methods will help you access YouTube TV on Fire TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I access YouTube TV on Firestick over a browser?
Yes. If your Firestick has Silk Browser installed, then YouTube TV can be accessed by visiting https://tv.youtube.com/
What are the networks available with YouTube TV?
The major broadcasts include ABC, FOX, CBS, ESPN, NBC, HGTV, TNT, and lots more. Besides this, YouTube TV includes local and regional programs. The premium add-on network includes Showtime, Starz, Fox Soccer Plus, and more.
Is YouTube TV a multi-platform app?
Is it possible to share YouTube TV membership?
Yes. With a YouTube TV subscription, you will get 6 accounts to share. Each of the accounts will have its own login, personalized recommendations, DVR library, etc.