If you are planning to cast Clappr to TV, then you can do it with a Chromecast. Clappr is an open-source media player for the web and developers can use it to create a media player for their web pages. If you have a web page and you have used Clappr to develop a media player, then you can add the Chromecast plugin to your Clappr to enable the cast option for your users. After enabling the Chromecast Plugin on the Clappr application, you can start casting the content from your web media player to your TV by clicking on the cast icon.
How to Configure Clappr Player with Chromecast?
Clappr is an open-source tool and all the plugins are available on GitHub as an open-source as well. After the media player setup is completed on your webpage, you can configure the Chromecast option.
Search for Clappr Chromecast plugin on GitHub and add it to your media player. If you are unable to find the correct plugin, click here.
Once the configuration is completed, your media player will display the cast icon that allows the users to cast the content from your web player to the TV.
How to Chromecast Clappr to TV?
You can now Chromecast Clappr to the TV with the below steps:
1. Connect your PC or laptop and the Chromecast device / Chromecast-connected TV to the same WiFi network. (You will be able to cast only when both devices are connected to the same WiFi network).
2. Go to the webpage that contains the media player on the Chrome browser. Click here to access the demo Clappr site.
3. Play any video on the video player. You will find the cast icon on your web player.
4. Click on the cast icon.
5. A list of available devices will appear on the screen. Choose the Chromecast device to which you want to cast the video.
6. On a successful connection, the video will start playing on your TV.
With the above steps, you can cast the content from the web player developed using Clappr on your TV.
How to Chromecast Clappr using Android and iOS?
Clappr is not available as a standalone app for Android and iOS. But you can use it as a media player on the web browser.
1. Open a web browser on your smartphone.
2. Go to the web player developed using Clappr and start playing a video.
3. Click on the cast icon on the top right corner of the player and select the Chromecast device from the list.
The video will now play on the TV. If this method does not work, then you can use the screen mirroring option on Android and iOS to stream the content on the TV.
Related: Chromecast Windows Media Player
Frequently Asked Questions
You can control the playback once the casting is started on your device.
Clappr is not available as a standalone app for mobile devices. But you can use it in a web browser. Click on the cast option in the web browser to cast the content on the TV.