Facetime is a very popular Video conferencing application built in with iPhone or iPad. You can enjoy connecting with friends or family of up to 32 members in a single call. FaceTime supports sharing the screen, and with SharePlay, you can listen to sync playback while on a video call. You can use the video effects like animoji, stickers, etc., while on a Facetime call. The users can even invite friends to a FaceTime call with a web link which doesn’t necessarily require an Apple device. With that note, you can Chromecast Facetime Video Calls and enjoy it on your Television. However, the only available option is Screen Mirroring.
Chromecast Facetime Video Calls
You can easily Chromecast Facetime Video Calls to your smart TV by following the steps prescribed below. It doesn’t have any native support for Screen mirroring. So you got to download a third-party application called Chromecast Streamer. This streamer app is not free. Though it has a 7-day free trial, after that, you have to purchase this at $4.99/month or $19.99/lifetime package.
Steps to Chromecast Facetime using Google Streamer
Follow these simple steps to start casting your iPhone to Chromecast TV and access Facetime.
Step 1: Set up Chromecast
Connect your Chromecast device to your TV with the help of the HDMI port and cable. Then connect the power supply and switch it on. Turn on the Chromecast device and connect it to the WiFi network.
Step 2: Connect your Device and Chromecast
Don’t forget to connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as that of your Chromecast so that it would be easy for the device to scan for available devices and pair.
Step 3: Google Streamer
Download Google streamer (iStreamer) from the App Store. And log in to your account. If you are going to use it for more than 7 days, opt for a subscription plan according to your convenience.
Step 4: Select the Device
Now on the home screen of the Google Streamer application, you can find all the available devices. From that, select your Chromecast device by tapping on the name. And click Connect to establish a connection between the iOS device and Chromecast.
Step 5: Start Streaming
On the next screen, choose “Screen Cast.” Now you are allowed to choose the video resolution. You can choose the desired one and now tap the Power button. Then on the next screen, tap “Start Broadcast.” After a while, probably a few seconds, you can see the mirror of your IOS device on your TV connected to the Chromecast.
Step 6: Facetime Now
Open your Facetime app on your iOS device. Make sure to set up Facetime and logged in to your Facetime Account. If not, log in with your credentials. Now click + and add the Facetime user to who you would like to make the call. You can now Facetime on the TV.
Chromecast Facetime Video to TV using Replica App
1) Begin with connecting your iOS device and your Chromecast TV to the same WIFI.
2) Launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad.
3) Search and download the Replica app from the App Store on your iOS device.
4) Launch the app once after the download and installation.
5) Click on Start Mirroring option and select your Chromecast TV.
6) Now, connect with your friends or family over a FaceTime video call on your iPhone/iPad.
7) With this, you will find the FaceTime video call on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How Can You Chromecast FaceTime to the TV from Android
In this method, someone with an Apple device needs to create and send a FaceTime link to join the call from Android. i.e., the user should launch the FaceTime app to click on Create Link button and share the link as mail, message, or Snapchat. Upon receiving the link, you shall follow the below steps to mirror FaceTime to Chromecast TV. It is mandatory to connect your Android and Chromecast TV to the same WIFI.
1) Click on the facetime.apple.com link you have received on the Google Chrome browser.
2) Now, provide the user name to join the conversation.
3) Click on the Green Join button. Further, grant permission to use the camera and microphone.
4) When the Apple user accepts your request, the call will begin.
5) Now, launch the Google Home app on your Android phone.
6) Select your Chromecast device to which you want to cast.
7) Click on the Cast my Screen icon and select Cast screen.
8) With this, you will find the FaceTime call on your Chromecast TV.
How to Chromecast FaceTime to the TV from Mac
To cast Facetime to Chromecast-connected TV from Mac, you need the latest version of the Chrome browser.
1) Connect your Mac PC and your Chromecast TV to the home WIFI.
2) On your Mac, launch the Google Chrome web browser.
3) Right-click anywhere on the screen and select Cast.
4) Choose your Chromecast TV and under the Sources drop-down, select Cast desktop.
5) Now, launch the FaceTime app on your Mac.
6) Enter the sign-in details and ensure you have turned on FaceTime.
7) Now, click on the New FaceTime.
8) Enter the phone number or email of the person you want to call and press Return. Optionally, you shall select a Contact to connect with.
9) Click on the FaceTime icon to start a call and connect with the person on your TV.
That was all about using FaceTime Via Chromecast. So, with FaceTime on TV with Chromecast, you shall experience the video calls on the wider display. If you want a better alternative with more advanced features, then you shall try Microsoft Teams on TV using Chromecast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can Chromecast FaceTime. However, the process isn’t straightforward. For a detailed procedure, you shall follow the guidelines given here in this section.
Yes. You can chat over FaceTime calls from Android if you have received a request from any iOS users.
Yes. You can screen mirror or start casting FaceTime calls to Chromecast TV from your iPad.
For this, you need an iOS device and AirPlay-compatible smart TV.
Yes. However, you may not be able to access all of the features of FaceTime on TV like iPhone.