HBO NOW is a standalone streaming platform owned by HBO. It costs $14.99 per month. With the subscription, you will get access to all the HBO movies and series like Game of Thrones, Chernobyl, Silicon Valley, Westworld, and more. The platform has an ocean of video titles to watch. In addition to that, you can also Chromecast HBO NOW, if you have a Chromecast connected TV.
Is HBO NOW Chromecast Compatible?
The HBO NOW app is compatible with Chromecast. The app has a built-in Cast icon to cast the video contents to another streaming device like Chromecast or Roku. All you need to have is an active HBO NOW subscription and a geo-location in the USA.
How to Setup Chromecast HBO NOW
There are two to cast the HBO NOW titles to Chromecast. You can choose any one of the methods based on the device you are having.
- Android or iOS smartphone
- A PC with Chrome browser
Note: HBO NOW is rebranded to another name HBO Max.
Chromecast HBO NOW using Smartphone
(1) Connect your Android or iOS smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
(2) Open the HBO NOW app on your smartphone.
(3) Sign in with your HBO account, if asked.
(4) Click the Cast icon on the top-right of the screen.
(5) Now, your Chromecast device will appear. Tap on it.
(6) Then, select any of the videos to watch. It will appear on your Chromecast connected TV.
(7) If you want to stop the casting, click the Cast icon again and tap on Disconnect.
Chromecast HBO NOW using PC
(1) Connect your PC to the same WiFi connection as your Chromecast.
(2) Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Chrome browser.
(3) Open the Chrome browser and go to HBO NOW URL play.hbonow.com.
(4) Sign in with your HBO account.
(5) Now, right-click on any blank space and choose Cast option.
(6) Your PC will search for a Chromecast device. When it is detected, click on it.
(7) After that, play any video title. It will appear on your Chromecast.
(8) When you are done with your casting, click the Cast icon on the extension bar and click on your Chromecast device to stop the casting. Or you can simply close the Chrome browser.
Cast the HBO NOW to your Chromecast connected TV and view all the titles on the big screen. Make sure that your casting device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast and you are using the latest version of the Chrome browser. If you have any difficulties, tell us in the comments section. We will give you a solution.
Related: Chromecast Sling TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you chromecast HBO now?
Yes, you can. HBO NOW has a built-in Cast to cast the movies and series to another device.
2. What is the difference between HBO GO and HBO NOW?
HBO NOW is a standalone streaming platform whereas HBO GO is a TV anywhere app. You can use your TV provider credentials to use the HBO GO app.