Investigation Discovery is an American Pay-TV channel that features true crime documentaries. Discovery Inc. owns the channel and offers various original programming. In addition, it also reruns some popular channels like ABC’s 20/20, 48 Hours from CBS, and Deadline from NBC. It is available for Android and iOS devices, and you can Chromecast Investigation Discovery to the big screen. Investigation Discovery is a TV Everywhere app, so you will need a cable or satellite TV service provider subscription.
Here in this section, you will learn to Chromecast Investigation Discovery to the TV screen from a smartphone or computer. Since the app is compatible with the casting, you can just cast directly to your TV from an Android or iOS smartphone without mirroring your screen. Likewise, with the Google Chrome browser, you can stream the website to the TV with the Chromecast.
Chromecast Investigation Discovery from Smartphone
(1) Set up your Chromecast streaming device with your TV.
(2) Then, connect the device to a WiFi network.
(3) Make sure to connect your Android or iOS smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(5) Launch the app and activate the account with your cable or satellite TV service provider.
(6) Now, play any content that you want to stream.
(7)Tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
(8) Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
On a successful connection, the contents will start streaming on your TV screen.
Chromecast Investigation Discovery from PC/Laptop
(1) Launch the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac laptop.
(2) Make sure to connect your laptop and your streaming device to the same WiFi network.
(3) Now, visit https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/.
(4) Click on the three horizontal lines and choose Watch Live option.
(5) Then, sign in with your pay-TV service provider.
(6) Once the video loads, right-click anywhere on the screen and choose the Cast option.
(7) Then, select your Chromecast device and then choose Cast Tab from the sources drop-down
(8) With this, the connection gets established, and the content will stream on your TV screen.
Troubleshoot Chromecast Investigation Discovery Not Working Issue
If Chromecast Investigation Discovery isn’t working, try the following troubleshooting.
- Make sure that the devices are in the same WiFi network.
- Check for updates on your respective app and Google Chrome in the case of the laptop.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app on your smartphone.
- Restart your smartphone or laptop. If you feel the issue is with Chromecast, go ahead and restart the Chromecast device.
- Also, check for updates on Chromecast.
- If nothing helps, you can reset your Chromecast device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I stream Investigation Discovery?
You can stream Investigation discovery with streaming services like Discovery Plus, Philo, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, Fubo TV, Vidgo, etc.
2. Does Investigation Discovery work with Chromecast?
Yes, the app is compatible with Chromecast. You can install the app on your smartphone and cast it without mirroring.