Opera is a popular browser for Windows and Mac PCs. The browser has a built-in VPN and ad-blocker. Apart from that, there are many new things available on the browser. Chromecast support is one of them. With that, you can easily Chromecast the Opera browser to a TV. From now on, you don’t have to depend upon the Chrome browser to cast the media files from your PC to TV.
Chromecast Opera Browser
As of now, the Chromecast support is only available on the PC version. You can’t cast the Opera browser from your smartphone to TV. Still, you can screen mirror your smartphone screen and use the Opera browser. That won’t be convenient for you. You will be interrupted every time you get a notification or call. We recommend you to cast the Opera browser from your PC only.
Procedure to Chromecast Opera Browser
(1) Open the Opera browser on your PC.
(2) Click the Settings icon on the left side of the screen.
(3) On the Settings page, click the Advanced drop-down button.
(4) Now, click on the Browser option.
(5) You will get a list of toggle options. Scroll down and turn on the Enable Chromecast support toggle.
(6) After that, open a new tab and right-click anywhere on the screen.
(7) A small pop-up will appear. Choose the Cast option.
(8) Now, the browser will look for a nearby Chromecast device. When your Chromecast is detected, click on it to cast.
(9) If you click the Sources button, three options will appear, Cast Tab, Cast Desktop, and File Cast.
Cast Tab: This will cast your current working tab.
Cast Desktop: This will cast your entire desktop screen.
File Cast: This will cast any files like PDF and DOCX.
(10) Choose the desired option and cast your Opera browser to your TV through Chromecast.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What browsers work with Chromecast?
Apart from Chrome and Opera browsers, the Brave browser, Edge browser work well with Chromecast.
2. Can Opera browser cast to TV?
Yes, you can cast your Opera browser to a TV. But only the latest version of the Opera browser has Chromecast support.
Easily cast your Opera browser to a TV or monitor by using the Chromecast with these simple instructions discussed above. Now, cast all your media files from your PC to the TV through the Opera browser. Don’t be over-dependent on the Chrome browser. If you have any doubts, tell us in the comments section, we will clarify you.