PBS, also called Public Broadcasting Service, is an American-based streaming program that offers a lot of video content through apps or services. The most popular apps of PBS are PBS Kids, PBS Video, and Montana PBS. As it is a non-commercial network, PBS offers all the content online for free. So, the users can stream their favorite TV shows without spending a penny. You can Chromecast PBS content to TV and explore its library with a vast collection of TV shows, documentary films, Local live TV, etc., on the big screen.
In addition, PBS is compatible with various devices. You can download the PBS app on your computer, tablet, phone, and TV. If you’ve subscribed to Netflix and Amazon Prime, you can see some PBS shows on those platforms. PBS also consists of a premium subscription called PBS Passport, which gives you exclusive access to more than 1500 episodes of your favorite TV series.
Two Methods to Chromecast PBS to TV
There are two ways to cast PBS to Chromecast TV or Chromecast-connected TV.
- Cast PBS from Smartphone.
- Cast PBS from PC.
How to Chromecast PBS from Smartphone to TV
Before jumping into steps, let’s look at the necessary things you’ve to do to stream PBS on Chromecast TV. You need to plug in your Chromecast device with your TV and proceed with the steps.
1) Ensure that your Android/iOS smartphone is connected to an internet connection as Chromecast.
2) On your smartphone, launch the respective app store.
3) Click the Search box and use the virtual keyboard to type PBS.
5) Hit the Get or Install button to download the app.
6) Open the PBS app after the installation.
7) Select the option Sign In and enter your PBS login credentials.
8) After signing into your account, you’ll be able to see a Cast icon on the top left corner of the app’s interface.
9) Tap the Cast icon and click on your Chromecast device to screen share.
10) Now, play any content of PBS on your smartphone and watch the same on your TV.
How to Chromecast PBS from PC to TV
1) Connect your Chromecast device with your TV and ensure that your TV and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) On your PC, open the Google Chrome Browser. If you don’t have a Chrome browser, install it.
3) Tap on the search panel and type PBS using your keyboard.
4) Locate and select the official PBS website.
5) On the top-left, you’ll see the Sign In option. Click it and sign in to your account.
6) Select the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon ( three-dots icon) available in the browser’s top-right corner.
7) Scroll down and click Cast from the drop-down menu.
8) A small menu pops up on the screen, tap your Chromecast device, and select the Cast tab listed on the Sources option.
9) That’s it. Your PC screen will be mirrored to your TV. Play your desired content on the PBS website and watch it on a bigger screen.
Related: How to Chromecast Vevo Music to TV
Frequently Asked Questions
The PBS app is free to download and stream. To get access to more content on PBS, get a subscription for a PBS passport.
Yes. You can cast PBS content on TV in two ways as discussed above.
If PBS fails to work or doesn’t load, you should look into the internet connectivity. Also, try updating the app to the latest version to check if the issue resolves.