Plex Media Server will allow you to access various videos, contents, movies, etc on your computer or mobile phone. So basically it is a Digital Media Player. You can remotely access the contents of the Plex Media Server installed device from any other device compatible with Plex. Let us discuss how to Chromecast Plex Media Server.
You can download and install Plex from the official website by providing the necessary information for Setup. Now download your Plex media server on your device by selecting the Operating System. After downloading you can access all the local videos, images, and contents on the server to the clients.
Chromecast Plex Media Server
You can Chromecast Plex but before that make sure to make the following changes.
- Connect your Chromecast to a TV using HDMI cable.
- Plex must be installed and set up on your device.
- Uninterrupted WiFI network connection.
- Connect your Plex installed device and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
Steps to Chromecast from Smartphone
- Now open the Plex application on your Android or iOS mobile and sign in to your account.
- Select the video which you would like to play or view the image which you would like to project on your TV screen.
- You will see the cast icon on the top of your screen.
- Tap the cast icon you can now see the available devices that support Chromecast.
- Select your Chromecast device
Chromecast Plex Media Server from Windows/Mac
- Open the Plex web version on your Windows or Mac PC. Or open the website and Sign in to the Plex website if it is a Client server.
- Now choose the Video you would like to play.
- On the top right corner, you can see a Cast icon and click the icon.
- Now there will be scanning and it lists all the cast enabled devices.
- Select your Chromecast device.
- Now you can see the video being played on the TV connected to the Chromecast.
Related: How to Install and Set up Plex on Google TV
Queries? Let us know in the comment section below.