With the PowerPoint Presentations, you shall create, edit, view, and share the presentations from anywhere. It is a helpful tool that lets you share information in the form of slideshows. PowerPoint is most used in business, lectures, conferences, etc. Earlier, PowerPoint Presentations were projected to the projector screen using a computer. But sometimes they can also be shown on TV using TV as a second monitor. Chromecast, a portable streaming device, can be connected to the HDMI port that allows you to cast PPT (Powerpoint Presentation) onto your TV. So let us learn how to Cast PowerPoint Presentations through Chromecast.
How to Cast PowerPoint Presentation to Chromecast using Chrome Browser on PC
1. Open Google Chrome Browser on your PC.
2. Go to Menu Icon or Right-click on the page to get various menu options. Click on the Cast.
3. Now, you will get a pop-up menu to select the device from the available devices.
4. Then, choose any of the three options.
- Cast Tab: Connect the particular Tab alone to the TV.
- Cast File: Cast the desired Photo or video to the TV.
- Desktop: Entire Desktop will be visible on TV.
5. Open the Powerpoint and start to Play the Slides in the Slideshow.
How to Chromecast PowerPoint Presentation using Android Smartphone
1. Connect your Android phone and Chromecast-connected TV to the same WIFI.
2. Launch the Play Store and download the Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation app.
3. Enter the login details to access your account.
4. Now, select the Cast icon from the Notifications panel of your Android phone.
5. Choose the Chromecast TV from the available device to establish a connection.
6. Finally, start a presentation on your handheld, and it will eventually start playing on the TV.
Try these Apps to Cast PPT to Chromecast TV
Show Cast: Download and Install Show cast application from the Play Store. It will let you cast a presentation on Google Chromecast.
Chromecast App: It has the Screen Mirroring Feature for Android, and it will help you to cast the PPT. The name of the application is Google Home.
Mirror the Display: In Google Home app on the left pan, choose Cast Screen and select the desired device from the available ones. Your screen will appear on Television.
- Tap the Pick First Slide tab, and then you have to browse and find the file in which your presentation is stored. Tap the Confirm option on the bottom of the screen.
- If you have any notes, you can choose “Pick First Note.” And whenever you are ready, Tap Start Presentation. Now swipe Left or Right to navigate the slides. The slideshow will be running on your Television using Chromecast.
How to Chromecast PowerPoint to TV from iOS
1. Firstly, connect your iPhone/iPad and your Chromecast TV to the same WIFI.
2. From the App Store, search and download the Microsoft PowerPoint app.
3. Similarly, you shall need to get the Replica app from the App Store.
4. With the installation, launch the PowerPoint app on your iOS device and open any PPT.
5. Now, open the Replica app and select your Chromecast TV name.
6. The presentation file you have selected on the iOS device will start playing on the Chromecast TV.
These were the possible ways to Chromecast a PowerPoint presentation to the TV. You will no longer have to look at the tiny screen for every detail provided in the presentation. In addition to casting PPT, you can even Chromecast Slideshow to TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can cast PPT to TV from a PC or smartphone.
Yes. You can cast PowerPoint from the Windows 10 PC using the Chrome browser.
Use the Chrome browser on your Mac to cast the presentation file to the TV.
You can cast the PowerPoint presentation from the phone or PC by connecting the casting and cast to devices with the same WIFI. This way, you can share the PPT to TV wirelessly.
You can play a presentation on TV using the HDMI cable, USB cable, streaming device, or over a WIFI or Wired network.