Stadia is a cloud-based gaming service created by Google that allows playing games directly on compatible screens. You need not download or install the games as all the games are ready to play directly. With Stadio, you can stream all the games at 4K resolution. You can experience Stadia gaming on the bigger screen in your home with a Chromecast Ultra or Chromecast with Google TV and Stadia Controller. You can access more games with the subscription as the library gets updated frequently. Get into this article to know how to access Stadia on Chromecast-connected TV or Chromecast-connected TV.
It offers two subscription plans.
- Stadia Base is a free trial pack for one month.
- Stadia Pro subscription at $9.99/month.
With Stadia Base, you can get only a few games to play, but you can get more games to play with a Stadia Pro subscription, and there is no limit. In addition, more games are added every month with a Stadia Pro subscription. However, you can also purchase a game from Stadia Store.
How to Chromecast Stadia
You can stream and play Stadia games on Chromecast TV screen by casting Stadia from Android phones and PC.
Chromecast Stadia from Android Phone
With the Android phone, you can cast and play Stadia games on TV with the following steps. First, connect the Chromecast to the HDMI port of the TV. In addition, connect the phone and Chromecast-connected TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
1) Go to Google Play Store on your Android device.
2) Search for the Stadia app and click the Download option on the Play Store.
3) You should click Open to launch the app with the Stadia account.
4) Now, select the game from the app.
5) Now, click the Cast icon from the Notification panel of the Android phone.
6) Select the Chromecast device you want to play your Stadia games.
7) Finally, the game will appear on the Chromecast-connected device. Thus, you can cast any game you want from the mobile app onto your TV.
Related: How to Watch F1 TV on TV using Chromecast
How to Cast Stadia from PC to Chromecast
To cast Stadia from PC to Chromecast device, make sure to connect Casting device PC and Chromecast device to the same network.
1) On your Personal Computer, open the Google Chrome browser and go to the Stadia official Website.
2) Sign in to the account with the existing account details. Create an account if you don’t have one.
3) Select your favorite game on Stadia Website.
4) In the browser, you can find three dots icon in the top-right of the screen. Click on it to select the Cast option from the list of options.
5) Go ahead to select your Chromecast device from the list of devices.
6) Finally, you can access Stadia games on TV with Chromecast with Stadia Controller.
If your TV does not support Bluetooth to connect Controller, connect it to your TV through the phone. However, if there is no compatible Stadia Controller, you can Play Stadia games on a PC using a mouse and keyboard. In the same way, you can Play Stadia games on a Mobile device using the touch screen as a virtual gamepad. In contrast, you need a Controller to play Stadia games on TV. Some of the games in Stadia that are on top are Destiny 2, Hitman, Super Bomberman R Online, Crayta: Starter Edition, and many more.
No. Stadia is not compatible with Chromecast 3rd generation, because it doesn’t display 4k content, and does not have the processing power.
Chromecast with Google TV works better for Stadia than Chromecast Ultra because Chromecast with Google TV handles Stadia’s menu far better.
In total, six people in a family can share the Stadia Pro games, and this is the Family Share feature. However, only one can play a particular game at a time.
Stadio supports Chromecast Ultra and Chromecast with Google TV.
Google Stadio lagging issue can be resolved when the device is connected to stable high-speed internet connectivity. You can even try wired internet connectivity.