Universal Kids is an American cable channel founded in 2005 and is owned by NBCUniversal. Universal Kids was initially launched as PBS Kids. Later it was rebranded as Universal Kids when NBCUniversal acquired full ownership. As the brand name suggests, it focuses on content only for kids. Shows like Top Chef and American Ninja Warrior Junior are broadcasted on this channel. Almost all of the programs available on Universal Kids are safe and trusted for kids of any age. It supports saving the favorite shows under Watchlist, and thus, kids can access the same easily. Users have an option to Chromecast Universal Kids on their TV to catch up to the past shows.
Universal Kids requires a valid TV provider subscription from DirecTV, Verizon, Xfinity, AT&T, Spectrum, Cox, Charter, etc. Universal Kids subscribers can download the official app on their devices and can use the Cast option to mirror the shows on your TV.
How to Chromecast Universal Kids
You can cast your favorite Universal Kids shows on your Chromecast-connected TV in two ways. They are:
Chromecast Universal Kids to TV using Smartphone
1. Connect your smartphone and your Chromecast device to the same WiFi connection.
2. Open the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone/iPad).
3. Search for Universal Kids and select the same when you get the suggestions.
4. On the app description window, select Install or Get.
5. Once after the installation, launch the app.
6. If you receive an activation code, you should visit the activation site (https://watch.universalkids.com/activateshall) from a browser.
7. Enter the activation code and click Continue.
8. After the activation, sign in with your NBC account and play any video from the app.
9. Tap the Cast icon from the playback screen and select your Chromecast device.
10. Now, the video will appear on your TV through Chromecast.
11. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and choose Disconnect.
Related: How to Add & Stream Universal Kids on Apple TV
Chromecast Universal Kids to the TV from PC
1. Connect your PC and your Chromecast device to the same WiFi connection.
2. Go to the Universal Kids website on the latest version of Chrome browser on PC.
3. Now, you should log into your account by entering the valid credentials.
4. If prompted, you shall activate the Universal Kids by visiting its activation site.
5. Select the show that you want to watch.
6. Click on the three verticle dot icon available on the top-most right corner of your Chrome browser.
7. Select the Cast option from the expanded menu bar.
8. Choose your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
9. Now, you can watch Universal Kids videos on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Universal Kids is a free streaming service that doesn’t require any cable or satellite subscription.
Yes, Universal Kids is available on the YouTube TV channel list.
Yes, an official app for Universal Kids is available for devices like Android, iOS, and Firestick.