Nowadays, a lot of smart TVs have got in-built Chromecast support. Vizio smart TVs from 2016 and later have got the Chromecast support. You wouldn’t need external devices to do so. With Chromecast support, you can stream the contents on your smartphones or tablets, or PCs to your TV. Proceed to read to know how to Chromecast on Vizio smart TV.
Chromecast on Vizio Smart Cast
As I said, the Vizio smart TVs produced after 2016 would have an in-built Chromecast. It is named Vizio SmartCast TV.
- With Vizio SmartCast, you can stream all the apps that support Chromecast to your TV.
- Not only smartphones, but you can also stream from PCs and tablets too.
- Some streaming apps have Google Assistant support. With which you can control the app with your voice commands.
How to Chromecast Vizio Smart TV: Native Cast Apps
Almost all top streaming apps started providing native Chromecast support. For instance, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- Connect your phone and TV to the same WiFi network.
- Launch the app on your phone.
- If you find the Cast icon on the top-right corner, tap it.
- Or play a video check whether you can see the Cast icon on the top-right corner.
- Your phone will display the list of available devices. Choose Vizio Smart TV from the list.
- And that’s it your contents will be streamed to the TV from your mobile.
How to Chromecast Vizio Smart TV: From PC
- On your PC, download the latest version of the Google Chrome app.
- Connect your PC and your TV or Chromecast device to the same WiFi network.
- Open the Chromecast app and right-click on the screen. Or open the Menu option on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now choose the Cast option.
- You will get the list of available casting devices. Choose your Chromecast device connected to the Vizio TV.
- From the sources tab, choose the Cast tab or Cast desktop or Cast file.
- Cast Tab – This will cast only the present tab.
- Cast Desktop -This will cast the entire desktop to your TV.
- Cast File – Only the selected video or audio file would be cast.
- After choosing the option, the content will appear on your Vizio Smart TV.
Chromecast Vizio Smart TV: Not Working
If the Vizio Smart TV is not casting or if you have any issues, follow the below solutions.
- Turn off your Vizio Smart TV and try again.
- Make sure that your Vizio Smart TV is compatible with Chromecast.
- Update Vizio Smart TV to the latest version if you are using the older version.
- Uninstall the casting app and reinstall it again.
This is all about Chromecast on Vizio Smart TV. All the above procedures are based on the latest updates. So, make sure that you are using the latest software and apps. If you have any queries, we recommend you post them in the comment section below.
Related: How to Install Apps on Vizio Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does my Vizio TV have Chromecast?
Vizio Smart TVs that are manufactured in 2016 have Chromecast support.
2. Do all Vizio TVs have SmartCast?
Vizio Smart TVs are of two types. VIA TVs and SmartCast TVs. Recently, most of the Vizio Smart TVs coming right now are SmartCast TVs.