WGN America was the former name of the present NewsNation channel from the Nexstar Media Group. The channel’s name takes after its flagship program, NewsNation that indicates the channel will change its focus towards news. The main programming schedule includes entertainment programs for day broadcasting, straight news format for the evening, and early overnight hours. The programs include newscasts, sports programs, evening news programs, and more. Now, let us see how to Chromecast WGN America from your smartphone or PC.
You can cast the WGN America shows on the TV from the WGN America Now app. But unfortunately, the app isn’t compatible with the casting. So all you have to do is install the app on your Android or iOS smartphone and screen mirror your device.
How to Chromecast WGN America From Android
(1) Install the WGN America Now app on your Android device from the Play Store.
(2) Now, open the WGN America and log in with your pay-TV service provider.
(3) Make sure to connect the Chromecast and your Android smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(4) Pull down the Notification Panel and tap the Cast option.
(5) Then, select your Chromecast device from the list.
(6) Once the screen is mirrored, play the video that you want to stream on WGN America.
(7) Now, the video will stream on the TV screen.
How to Chromecast WGN America From iOS
(1) In the App Store, there are specific WGN apps for specific purposes. Like WGN News – Chicago for local news, WGN-TV Chicago Weather for weather updates. Install the preferred WGN app from the App Store.
(2) Also, get the Replica app on your iOS device from the App Store.
(3) Now, connect your Chromecast device and your iOS smartphone to the same WiFi network.
(4) Open the Replica app and select your Chromecast device.
(5) Tap the Start Broadcast button.
(6) Now, your iOS screen will be mirrored to your TV.
(7) Launch the WGN America app and play any video you want.
(8) The WGN video will appear on your Chromecast.
How to Chromecast WGN America From PC
(1) Launch the Google Chrome web browser.
(2) Visit the NewsNation website.
(3) Connect your PC and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
(4) Click on the NewsNation Live.
(5) Then, click on the Connect TV Service Provider.
(6) Select your pay-TV service provider.
(7) Sign in with the provided username and password.
(8) Right-click anywhere on the screen.
(9) Click on the Cast option.
(10) Select your Chromecast device and click on the Sources drop-down.
(11) Then, choose the Cast Tab option.
(12) Select any program you want to stream and it will appear on your TV screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to stream WGN Network without cable?
2. Can you Chromecast NewsNation channel?
You can Chromecast NewsNation channel by screen mirroring your Android or iOS smartphone with the above-mentioned methods.