ZDF (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen) is a German public-service television network. This runs as an independent non-profitable organization. ZDF was founded by all the federal states of Germany. This network is known for programs like Heute and Wetten and dass..?. Other contents include programs for children, entertainment, culture, documentaries, and information. It also features series, sports, and talk shows. ZDF is one of the compatible Chromecast apps, and you can easily cast ZDF content to the Chromecast connected TV.
Chromecast ZDF to the TV
You can easily Chromecast the ZDF app using Android and iPhone. ZDF comes with an inbuilt casting option that makes it easier to cast. You can also use the Chrome browser on your PC to cast the content from the ZDF website to your TV. The two ways of casting ZDF are
- Using Android/iOS
- Using Chrome browser on PC
Cast Using Android or iOS
1. Connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV and check the WiFi network.
2. Use the same WiFi network on your Android/iPhone as well.
3. Open the ZDF app on your Smartphone and start playing a video.
4. You will find the cast icon on the top right corner. Tap on it. The app will search for any available device and displays it.
5. Choose the Chromecast device to which you want to cast from the list of available devices.
6. The content will now start playing on your TV.
You can use your phone as a remote to change videos, adjust volume, play/pause, and much more. This is the best way to cast ZDF content on TV. While the video is getting cast, you can use your phone as usual, and using your phone will not affect the casting.
Using Chrome browser on PC
Chrome browser comes with a casting option, and you can easily cast any content using Chrome browser.
1. Connect your PC and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Google Chrome browser and go to https://www.zdf.de/.
3. Right-click on the screen and then choose the Cast option.
4. The browser will search for available cast ready devices and displays them.
5. On the Sources drop-down, choose Cast Tab.
6. Click on the Chromecast device name to start casting.
Related: How to Chromecast Kodi Media Player to TV
The particular tab will now appear on your TV. You can change the video on your PC to see it on the big screen. This is an alternative way to cast ZDF to your TV using the Chrome browser on your PC.
As ZDF is cast ready on Android and iPhone, you can use it to Chromecast the contents to the TV with high quality. If you are using a PC, the streaming quality might be low compared to casting it via your Smartphone.