Chromecast is a device that plugs into the HDMI port of a TV. With Chromecast, you can access media content from streaming services on your TV from your smartphone or PC. To cast iPhone contents to Chromecast, iPhone users have to set up the Chromecast device by using the Google Home app. After that, you can cast contents from your iOS device to Chromecast connected TV screen. You can also use third-party apps to screen mirror your iPhone.
Set Up Chromecast on iPhone Using the Google Home
Make sure to connect your iPhone and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
1) On your iPhone, go to App Store and download the Google Home app.
2) Open the Google Home app and tap + icon on the top of the screen. Now, choose Set up Device and tap New devices.
3) Create a new name for the home and tap Next. It will search for devices and select the Chromecast device from the search results. Tap Next.
How to Chromecast from iPhone
With Chromecast compatible apps, you can cast the contents from the iPhone to Chromecast.
1) Open the app on your iPhone that you want to cast. For example: Open YouTube and select the video content to cast.
2) In the media player screen, you can see the Cast icon. Tap the Cast icon.
3) It will search for devices under the same WiFi network. Select Chromecast device from the search results.
4) Finally, the contents will be cast from your iPhone to Chromecast.
Certain apps will cast contents from iPhone after the Chromecast device is set up by the Google Home app. However, some apps don’t. You can also link streaming apps with the Google Home app on iPhone and cast it on your TV.
1) Open the Google Home app on iPhone. On the home page of the Google Home app, tap the Media icon and select Videos.
2) Choose any of the apps to link. For instance: To cast Netflix from iPhone, select Netflix and tap LINK. Then, tap LINK ACCOUNT.
3) Open the app on your iPhone and select the content to cast.
4) Select the Cast icon.
5) Select the Chromecast device from the available devices list. The video content will appear on Chromecast.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to Chromecast
Some of the apps won’t come with the Cast feature. In such cases, you have to screen mirror the app contents from your iPhone. For that, you need to install a third-party screen mirroring app on your iPhone.
1) Launch the App Store and install the Replica app on your iPhone.
2) Open the Replica app and search for devices nearby to find the Chromecast device and connect it. Make sure to connect your iPhone and Chromecast devices to the same WiFi network.
3) Now pop-up window appears. Tap on the Start Broadcast button.
4) Now, open the streaming app or any website using Safari (or Chrome browser) on your iPhone and select any video.
5) Finally, the video will appear on the Chromecast screen from the streaming app or the Safari browser.
Yes, all the iPhone models will work on Chromecast devices.
While casting, you can control volume, playback speed, rewind, forward, and play/pause the video content.