Google Chromecast has been designed to cast every media file from smartphone apps and websites. It is the smartest streaming device available at an affordable price. Since the evolution of Chromecast, a lot of streaming platforms has incorporated with cast option. Besides the cast-ready apps, Chromecast supports casting from PC as well. While this section primarily deals with how to Chromecast from Mac in brief. With this, you can cast almost anything from Mac into your smart TV by using the Chromecast.
Chromecast from Mac PC / Macbook
Things you Require:
- Chromecast device
- TV with HDMI port
- Latest version of macOS
- Active internet connection
- Latest version of Chrome browser
Procedure to Chromecast from Mac
The following steps will work only if you have already set up Chromecast using the Google Home app on Android or iOS.
1. Start by connecting your Chromecast to the HDMI port of the TV.
2. Power it on and connect it to the home WiFi network.
3. On your Mac PC, open the Chrome web browser.
4. Hover to the top right section of the screen to click on the More icon labeled as Customize and control Google Chrome.
5. From the list of menu, you shall need to choose the Cast option.
- Optionally, you shall right-click anywhere on the Chrome browser to select the Cast option.
- You can also click on the View menu to choose the Cast option.
6. When the Cast to dialog box appears, choose the Chromecast TV name.
7. Further, click on the drop-down icon to select between Cast tab, Cast desktop, and Cast file.
- Cast tab – This will cast only the current tab of Chrome browser
- Cast desktop – The entire Mac screen will be screen cast to Chromecast TV
- Under Stream a video or audio file, Cast file – This will let you stream a video or audio file
8. When multiple screens are active, then you have to choose which screen you want to cast.
9. If you have decided to end the casting, then click on STOP on the Cast to tab.
How to Chromecast from Mac: Streaming Platforms
Streaming platforms like Netflix and YouTube have a built-in Cast icon (AirPlay icon) to cast video content. You can just tap the Cast icon and choose your Chromecast device. The contents will be cast to your TV. But, this method applies only to Chromecast compatible platforms. You can’t do the same on IMDb TV as the website doesn’t have the built-in Chromecast support.
With the above procedure, you can cast contents from your Macbook or Mac PC to Chromecast connected smart TV. For any queries or comments, you shall comment us below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you use Chromecast with Macbook?
Yes, you can. By using the Chrome browser, you can cast your Macbook or Mac PC to the Chromecast connected TVs.
2. How do I cast from Macbook to TV?
By using Chromecast, you can cast your Macbook to any TV with an HDMI port.