Streaming devices like Chromecast and Fire TV Stick won’t consume that much electricity and power. This the reason why those streaming devices don’t have a turn-off button. When the device is not in use, it will go to Standby mode, which is the same as Sleep mode in Pcs Chromecast is not like a smartphone, where you can chare the device and use it. But, if you want to turn off the device at any cost, there is a workaround way to do it.
When you stopped the casting, Chromecast will be in Standby mode and will be waiting to cast any media content. If you turn off the device, you need to turn it on manually to cast it again. For these reasons, most of the users are turning off the device.
How to Turn Off Chromecast?
(1) Stop the casting process if going any.
(2) Turn off your TV. This will put the Chromecast in Standby mode. When you turn on your TV again, the Chromecast will automatically be turned on.
(3) After turning off the TV, unplug the device from the TV.
(4) Also disconnect the micro-USB cable to completely shut down the Chromecast.
(5) To turn on the device, connect the device to the HDMI port and the micro-USB port.
How to Turn Off Notifications on Chromecast?
(1) Connect your smartphone to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
(2) Open the Google Home app.
(3) Tap on your device name.
(4) Now, click the Settings icon on the top of the screen.
(5) Turn off the Let others control your cast media toggle.
Turning off this toggle will stop other smartphones from using your device while you are casting. If you turn on this toggle, someone else may interrupt your casting to stream their media file. This will help in your home, where more than one smartphone is available.
Related: How to Update Chromecast Firmware
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Chromecast need to be turned off?
Practically, It doesn’t need to be turned off. Turning off your TV is enough. If you want to examine the device or if you want to transport the device, you need to turn off your device.
2. How do I stop Chromecast from appearing on all devices?
For this, you need to turn off the Let others control your cast media toggle. The steps are mentioned in the article.
3. Does Chromecast use data when TV is off?
Yes, when it is connected to an active internet connection, it will download the new updates in the background.
Turn off your Chromecast device completely and turn it on again with these simple steps. If you want the device to be in Standby mode, turn off your TV or stop the casting. Turn off the Let others control your cast media option to stop other smartphones from using your device. If you have any difficulties in the above steps, tell us in the comments below.