Nowadays, even gaming consoles support quite a few streaming apps. Among gaming consoles, PlayStation offers more streaming apps. In the PlayStation Store, you can install all the streaming apps that support the device. With the streaming apps, you can give your gaming skills a break and watch popular video titles in the streaming apps. This guide is entirely focused on how to install and how to use Kodi on PS4 and other PlayStation consoles.
Though PlayStation supports a handful of streaming apps, Kodi is yet to be launched for PS4 and PS3. As of now, Kodi is not available on the PlayStation Store, and there is no workaround way to install the app. But, as an alternative, you can install Plex on your gaming console. With Plex, you can do all the things that you can do in Kodi. Plex is one of the best alternatives for Kodi.
How to Install Plex (Kodi Alternative) on PS4?
(1) On your gaming console, open the PlayStation Store application.
(2) You will get a lot of featured games and apps on the screen. Go to the Search bar on the top.
(3) Now, search for the Plex app.
(4) Select the Plex app from the searched results.
(5) Tap the Install button to install the app. Then, click the Start button to open the Plex app.
Procedure to Set Up Plex (Kodi Alternative) on PS4
(1) Install the Plex app on your Android smartphone from the Google Play Store.
(2) Create an account on the Plex app on your smartphone.
(3) Now, on your gaming console, click the Add an Existing Plex User button.
(4) You will get an activation code. Note down the code.
(5) Go to the Plex Activation website and enter the activation code. If it asks for login, enter the login credentials that you have used on your smartphone.
(6) After that, the Plex app will get activation your PS4.
(7) Go to Settings –> Enable Show Camera –> Network discovery –> Media Server. And connect your smartphone.
(8) Now, you can watch all the Plex videos on your PS4.
Apart from games and apps, you can also install Ubuntu on your PlayStation consoles. With Ubuntu, you can install Kodi with ease. To do so,
(1) Open the Terminal window on the Ubuntu.
(2) Execute the command,
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
(3) Click Yes to proceed further. Then, execute
sudo add-apt-repository PPA:team=xmbx\PPA
(4) The Kodi app will begin to download. After the download, execute the command
sudo apt-get update
(5) The downloaded Kodi app will get updated.
(6) Once the update is done, you can use the Kodi app on your PS4.
Related: Netflix on Playstation
Install the Plex app (Kodi alternative) on your PlayStation console and watch the latest movies. If you have the Ubuntu OS install on your PS4, install the Kodi app will with the Terminal commands and get access to all the latest video contents. If you have any difficulties with this guide, let us know in the comments below.