- Install Sky Go: Enable Unknown sources → Install ES File Explorer → Download Sky Go apk on PC → Copy and paste it on Nvidia using USB → Install Sky Go.
- Watch Sky Go: Go to the Sky Go website → Register using your account details → verify the activation mail → Launch the app → Sign In and start streaming.
Sky Go is an online streaming app that allows you to watch Sky TV content whenever and wherever required. You can enjoy Sky TV shows and on-demand videos and shows. Adding on, Sky Go is free for all Sky TV subscribers. With Sky Go, you can enjoy over 200 live channels along with movies and sports. Unfortunately, the official app is not available for the Nvidia Shield. Then the only way to watch Sky Go on Nvidia Shield is to sideload the application.
How to Install Sky Go on Nvidia Shield
As said earlier, Sky Go is unavailable on the Play Store for Nvidia Shield. So the only option is to sideload. Before sideloading, you have to enable Unknown Sources. And then, install ES file explorer to install Sky Go.
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Install ES File Explorer
- Download Sky Go apk
- Install the Sky GO app
Note: Though sideloading is not completely illegal, we recommend you use the best VPN for Nvidia Shield for safe streaming.
Step1: Enable Unknown Sources
- Now launch the Nvidia Shield and navigate to the device Settings.
- Then scroll down and locate Security and Restrictions.
- Click to open it. Then choose Unknown Sources.
- There you will get the On-Off option.
- Click ON to enable it.
Now your Nvidia shield is ready for sideloading.
Step2: Install ES File Explorer
Unlike Sky Go, you can find this application on the Play store.
- Go to the Play store and type ES file explorer in the search box.
- And then, choose the one with the above icon and install it.
- Launch the application.
Step3: Download the Sky Go Apk file
- On your computer, download the Sky GO apk file using any third-party apk provider.
- Copy the Sky Go apk file to a pen drive.
- Insert the pen drive into your Nvidia Shield TV.
Step4: Install the Sky Go on Nvidia Shield
- Launch the ES file explorer on the device.
- Find your USB and open it.
- Click on Sky Go apk and then click Install on the small pop-up windows.
- After installation, click Next and then Finish.
- Launch the application.
Step5: Sign in to Sky Go on Nvidia Shield
- Sign in with your Sky Go login credentials.
This applies when you already have a Sky Go subscription account. If not, follow the below steps to open an account and subscribe.
- Open the Sky Go website.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, click the Register option.
- Provide all the mandatory information and click Register.
- Then, you will receive the activation mail to the registered mail ID.
- Verify it, and that’s it.
Finally, remember that sideloading is not illegal. You can enjoy the application benefits. But still, don’t forget to VPN to stay anonymous to avoid copyright infringements.
Sky Go Channel list
Sky Go has a huge list of channels that includes
- Sky 5
- Comedy Central
- Cartoon Network
- National Geography
- BBC World News
- History Channel
- Sky Sports
- Sky Movies
How to Fix Sky Go on Nvidia Shield Not Working?
If you have faced any black screen or issues not responding while streaming Sky Go on Nvidia Shield, you can try out the following fixes.
- The first and foremost thing is to check for a stable internet connection.
- Try to close and relaunch the app.
- As the next fix, you can uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the app.
- Restart your Nvidia Shield and also check you have the updated version of Nvidia Shield.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Sky Go app will work on Nvidia Shield TV. By sideloading, you can get the app on your Nvidia Shield TV.
The app is available in the Play Store but only for smartphones.
Sky Go is compatible with most streaming devices like Firestick, Apple TV, Roku, etc.