TCM or Turner Classic Movies is a dedicated platform designed to stream popular classic movies. The extensive library of TCM comprises a vast collection of old classic movies and short films. In addition, it also features several details of the movies and short films such as Cast & Crew, exclusive photos, synopsis of the video, etc. TCM is regularly updated with the movies and other video content. To experience the TCM on your device, you need to get a Cable TV or Satellite TV subscription. TCM is available on both Play Store and App Store. However, streaming TCM on TV using Chromecast is a unique way to experience the video content. The blog covers all the possible methods to Chromecast TCM to TV.
How to Chromecast TCM to TV
You can Chromecast TCM using the two methods listed below.
- Chromecast TCM using Smartphone
- Chromecast TCM using PC
Steps to Chromecast TCM from Smartphone to TV
1) Plug in your Chromecast dongle into your TV. Those using Chromecast for the first time should set up the Chromecast device to proceed any further.
2) Then, connect the Chromecast device and your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
3) Unlock your Android Smartphone and launch the Play Store app.
4) Click the search panel exhibited at the top and enter WATCH TCM using the virtual keyboard.
5) You’ll see the TCM app on the top of the search results. If not, scroll down and find the app.
6) Tap the TCM and hit the Install button to get the TCM on your smartphone.
7) Open the TCM app after the installation process. You’ll find the installed apps on the home screen. If not, navigate to the Apps menu and tap the search icon and search for the TCM app.
8) You need to proceed with the TCM Login process to use the app.
9) On the interface of the TCM, you’ll be able to see a Cast icon displayed at the top-right corner.
10) Tap the Cast icon and select the name of your Chromecast device.
11) That’s it. Now, you can see the TCM interface on your TV. So, play and enjoy the classic movies of TCM with your loved ones.
Steps to Chromecast TCM from PC to TV
1) Switch On your PC. Connect your PC and Chromecast device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) Open Google Chrome Browser and make sure to update the browser to the current version.
3) Search for TCM in the search box and click the TCM website from the search results. Usually, you’ll find the official TCM site at the top of the search results.
4) Sign in to your TCM account.
5) Tap the Customize and control Google Chrome icon shown at the top-right edge of the browser.
6) You’ll see a drop-down menu on the screen. Scroll down and select the option Cast.
7) Tap the name of your Chromecast device in the Cast menu.
8) Click Sources and hit the option Cast tab.
9) Now, you’ll see the particular chrome tab on the TV’s screen. Just tap on your desired TCM movie or video content and watch it on PC and TV.
Related: How to Chromecast PBS to TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can I Chromecast TCM?
Absolutely Yes! There are two methods to Chromecast TCM to your Smart TV. To know about the methods, refer to the blog.
2) What are the other streaming services to watch old movies?
If you’re looking for a platform to stream old classic movies, The Criterion Channel and Kanopy are the best services available in the market.
3) Is TCM free?
TCM comes with a cable TV subscription or Satellite TV subscription. To watch TCM content, make sure to get any one of these subscriptions.