Udemy is one of the massive open online course (MOOC) providers based in San Fransisco, USA. It is an online learning platform that aims to help adults in furthering their careers and students in sharpening their skills in different fields with modern-day education. The platform currently hosts 183,000+ courses with 65000+ teachers teaching in 75+ languages. While it is accessible from many devices, this article discusses how to cast Udemy to TV using Chromecast.
Udemy has tons of courses in the fields of Arts, Science, and Technology offering something for you regardless of your field of interest. They also have dedicated apps for Android and iOS devices. Therefore learning on the go has never been simpler. The Udemy app also supports casting, so casting your courses onto a bigger screen is no trouble.
Udemy Chromecast: Different Ways
You can transfer any of the learning material to your Chromecast in the following methods.
- From Android or iOS smartphones Via Udemy App
- Using PC/Laptop Via Chrome Browser
Udemy Chromecast: Using Smartphone
1. Connect both your Android/iOS device and your Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
2. Open the Udemy app on your device and open the course you want to cast from the My Courses screen.
3. Tap on the Cast icon on the top of the media player.
4. From the list of available devices, choose the name of your Chromecast device to cast.
5. Once you’re connected, a casting notification will appear on your device.
6. Now, the selected course will begin to play on your TV.
7. To stop casting, tap the Cast icon again and choose to stop casting.
Related: How to Chromecast FS1 to TV [Easy Methods]
Udemy Chromecast: Using PC
1. Open Google Chrome web browser on your PC.
2. Go to the Udemy website on the Chrome browser and log in to your Udemy account.
3. Click on the Customize and Control icon, also known as the three dots icon, at the right corner of the Google Chrome browser.
4. Next, click on the Cast option in the menu.
5. Select the Chromecast device to connect and click the Sources drop-down.
6. Choose the Cast tab.
7. The Udemy tab will be cast to your TV via Chromecast. Now, you can browse through the courses and choose the one you want to watch.
Udemy Chromecast: Not Working
While watching Udemy videos on Chromecast, there may be issues in audio or video settings. If you have any sort of issues, follow the below-mentioned solutions.
- Make sure that your internet meets the Udemy video streaming requirements. The minimum requirement for streaming Udemy videos is 800KBPS. For more requirements, visit the Udemy Support Site.
- Update the Udemy app on your Android or iOS Smartphone.
- If you have frequent video streaming issues, reduce the video quality.
- Restart the Chromecast or your casting device.
- If possible, download the Udemy video and cast them offline.
- Uninstall the Udemy app and install it again.
- Watch another videos. Still having the issues, report your issues to the Udemy Support or mention your query in the comments.
Related: How to Chromecast Travel Channel to TV [Two Ways]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Udemy compatible with Chromecast?
Yes, the Udemy app and website support Chromecast.
2. Are Udemy courses free?
There are a number of free courses on Udemy. However, not all courses are free, the prices of the paid courses depend on the courses you choose.