Those anime fans can use Crunchyroll to stream all the latest anime content. It is the world’s largest anime collection platform. The Crunchyroll subscription starts at $7.99 per month. You can also use the platform for free but with ads, and the content will be available after the day it is aired. However, with the premium upgrade, you can watch anime shows without any ads and watch new episodes after an hour. The app was launched in 2006. After seven years, the Crunchyroll app was made available for Apple TV streaming devices.
You can install the Crunchyroll app on Apple TV 4k and HD (4th gen), which have access to the App Store. In the older versions of Apple TV devices like Apple TV 3rd or lower, you can use the AirPlay feature to cast the app from your iOS device.
How to Get Crunchyroll on Apple TV
Quick Start Guide: On your tvOS, launch the App Store >> select Search icon >> type Crunchyroll to search it >> select the app >> click Get.
(1) On your Apple TV, go to the App Store and open it.
(2) On the top, you can see options like Featured, Top Charts, etc.
(3) Go to the Search option to get the on-screen keyboard.
(4) Type Crunchyroll and search for the anime app.
(5) Select the Crunchyroll app and tap the Get icon on the next screen.
(6) The app will start to download and install. After the installation, tap the Open icon.
(7) Sign in with your Crunchyroll account and start watching your favorite anime videos from the Crunchyroll Apple TV app.
How to Watch Crunchyroll on Apple TV Via AirPlay
The method below will help you access Crunchyroll on Apple TV 3rd generation and below models as they don’t have an App Store.
(1) Open the Crunchyroll app on your iOS device.
- Install it from the App Store if you don’t have the app.
(2) Sign in if asked, and then play any anime video.
(3) While playing the video, tap the AirPlay icon on the playback screen.
(4) On the list of devices, tap the Apple TV device.
(5) After that, the video will appear on your Apple TV.
Watch all your favorite anime movies and series with this app on your Apple TV. Install the app from the App Store or cast the app using the AirPlay feature. Meanwhile, you shall check out the article to stream Crunchyroll on Vizio Smart TV.
How to Fix Crunchyroll on Apple TV Not Working Issue
If you have any errors with the Crunchyroll app on your TV, try the below solutions.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Uninstall the app and install it again.
- For AirPlay, make sure to connect Apple TV to the WiFi network as that of iOS.
- Make sure that iOS and Apple TV are in the latest software version.
- If you have login issues, reset your password.
- As a final step, reset your Apple TV and set it up again to fix Crunchyroll Apple TV problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Crunchyroll app has a built-in AirPlay feature. You can cast the app on your Apple TV by using an iPhone or iPad.
Yes, you can. With the Crunchyroll app, you can get to watch all the latest anime content.
Yes, the app has the support for AirPlay to cast the video contents to other Apple devices.
Crunchyroll is free to download and stream. However, for higher benefits, you need to get the premium plan.
Yes. The app has AirPlay support and you can screen mirror it to the compatible TVs.
It may not be available when your TV model isn’t compatible with the Crunchyroll app.
You may get this issue when your devices aren’t connected to the same WIFI.