If you have played games online, you will have heard of Discord. For those unaware, Discord is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) instant messaging and digital distribution platform developed with gamers in mind. Currently, the platform is huge, with over 350 million registered users worldwide. It is always more fun gaming with your friends, and what better way to stay connected than Discord. You will find the Discord servers organized on topic-based channels. So, you can chat, collaborate, and talk with anyone. Regardless of whatever platform you are on, it is easy to stay connected with Discord users. It is available for Android iOS, Mac and Windows computers, gaming consoles, etc. In this article, we will discuss how everything you need to know about Discord on Apple TV.
How to Use Discord on Apple TV
Discord isn’t yet officially made available for the tvOS platform. However, the below section will guide you with alternative ways.
AirPlay Discord from iOS device
1. Open the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Search for the Discord App and on the app info page, tap the Get button to download the app.
3. Once the installation is done, open the app and Sign in with your discord account. If you don’t have a Discord account, Register for a new one.
4. Now, go to your Control Center on your iOS device and turn on the Screen Mirroring option.
4. From the list of available devices, select your Apple TV. Wait for iPhone to connect to your Apple TV.
5. Now, go to your Discord app on your iOS device. Now you can see your Discord chats on the large TV Screen.
Related: How to Get Twitch on Apple TV in Two Ways
Airplay Discord on Apple TV from Mac
1. Click on the Apple menu icon on the top right corner of your screen.
2. In the drop-down menu, select System preferences.
3. Go to the Displays option in the System Preferences window.
3. Check the box next to Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available.
Make sure your Mac and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network before you begin.
1. Click the AirPlay icon at the top of your Mac’s screen, the menu bar. The Airplay icon looks like a rectangle with an upward arrow at the bottom.
2. Select the device you want to AirPlay to in the drop-down menu.
3. A password will be displayed on the screen of Apple TV. Enter the code in the pop-up window that shows up on your Mac.
4. Your Mac screen gets mirrored to the other device.
5. Now, go to your browser, and visit the Discord website. Log into your account, and you will see your Discord screen on your Apple TV
6. You can stop mirroring your screen by clicking on the AirPlay icon and selecting Turn Off Airplay from the drop-down menu.
Related: How to Connect AirPods on Apple TV in 2 Minutes
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Discord app available for Apple TV?
No. There is no dedicated app available on Apple TV. However, you can use Airplay to mirror your screen to Apple TV from an iOS device or a Mac computer.
2. Can you use Discord without the app?
Yes. You can use Discord directly from your internet browser.