If you are a fan of non-fiction and documentaries, here is your streaming service choice. CuriosityStream is the first streaming service that is dedicated to the non-fiction genre. Only a few are on the list, and most of the services feature fiction shows. CuriosityStream features videos under various categories like science, nature, history, society, kids, and lifestyle. The users can also stream contents under 30 collections that include Ancient Earth To the Moon and Beyond, Biographies, History, Mysteries, Ride of the Machine, Sports, Science, and more. The subscription costs $2.99/month or $19.99/year for standard quality streaming, $9.99/month, and $69.9/year for HD videos. Let us see how to get and stream CuriosityStream on Apple TV.
CuriosityStream channel is available on the App Store. So you can install the channel and log in to your account to access the contents. But then the app is available only for Apple TV 4th and 5th gen. In order to access the contents on previous versions, you can use the AirPlay feature and cast the videos from the iPhone to the Apple TV.
How to Install CuriosityStream on Apple TV
(1) Turn on your Apple TV and make sure to connect it to the internet.
(2) Click on the App Store.
(3) On the App Store, click on the Search option.
(4) Type CuriosityStream on the search field.
(5) Select the CuriosityStream application from the search results.
(6) Now, click on the Install button.
(7) Launch the CuriosityStream app and then sign in to your account. You can start streaming documentaries and shows.
How to AirPlay CuriosityStream on Apple TV
(1) Install CuriosityStream on your iOS device from the App Store.
(2) Launch the CuriosityStream app and sign in to your account.
(3) Make sure to connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(4) Play any of the video content in the CuriosityStream app.
(5) Tap the AirPlay icon and select your Apple TV.
(6) Now, the content will be streamed on your TV screen.
Alternative Ways to Stream CuriosityStream on Apple TV
You can get CuriosityStream on Amazon Prime on Apple TV. But, then the streaming service doesn’t offer the CuriosityStream with its subscription at $119/year. You need to add the CuriosityStream as an add-on service for an additional cost.
Another best option to stream CuriosityStream is to get the Sling TV subscription. Still, you need to add CuriosityStream as an add-on service along with the other subscription options like Sling Blue or Orange at $35/month or a combined pack at $50/month.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is CuriosityStream available on Apple TV?
Yes, you can install and stream CuriosityStream on your Apple TV.
2. Is CuriosityStream free with Amazon Prime?
No, you need to add the CuriosityStream as an add-on only with a subscription.