Destination America is formerly known as the Discovery Travel & Living Network and Planet Green. It is one of the American-based live TV channels that was initially focused on shows like home improvement, lifestyle, cooking, etc., and then turned to environmental and sustainable living shows. Now the Destination America channel mainly features programs related to American culture, food styles, lifestyle, travel. It also offered shows related to paranormal topics and investigations. If you are wondering about streaming the Destination America channel on Apple TV, follow along.
Destination America Go is a TV Everywhere app that you can use to stream the channel live and on-demand on multiple platforms. You can install the app on your tvOS streaming device and start streaming with a cable or satellite TV service provider with the help of the below guide.
How to Add Destination America on Apple TV
1. Set up your Apple TV streaming device with your TV.
2. Connect the streaming device to a WiFi network.
3. Navigate to the home screen on your tvOS.
4. Click on the App Store.
5. Select the Search icon on the top-right corner.
6. Type Destination America Go and select the app from the search results.
7. Now, on the app info screen, click on the Install button.
8. Once the app is downloaded and installed, visit https://www.destinationamerica.com/activate from any browser.
9. Enter the activation code from the screen and click Activate.
10. Then proceed with the on-screen instructions sign in with your pay-TV service provider.
11. Now, restart the app on your Apple TV and start streaming.
Alternative Apps for Destination America on Apple TV
Philo offers 60+4 live TV channels that include Destination America on multiple channels. You can install Philo on Apple TV and stream live TV channels at just $25/month. There are multiple add-on options, and also another interesting fact is that Philo offers unlimited Cloud DVR Storage for a year.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu came up with their own live TV streaming services called Hulu + Live TV. Install Hulu on Apple TV and sign in to your account. It offers nearly 65+ live TV channels along with unlimited Video On Demand movies, TV shows, original series, etc. It costs $64.99/month, and an ad-free pack costs $69.99/month.
Though Fubo TV mainly focuses on sports and related content, you can enjoy a fair share of entertainment channels. You can stream Destination America with the Fubo TV on Apple TV. The Standard subscription pack costs $69.99/month, and the Elite pack costs $74.99/month. You can stream on 2 to 5 devices simultaneously.
The subscription of DIRECTV STREAM ranges from $69.99/month and goes up to $139.99/month. You can get nearly 100s of live TV channels and 65000+ Video On Demand content to stream on 20+ devices simultaneously. Install the DIRECTV STREAM on Apple TV and stream Destination America with no strain.
Destination America can be streamed with both the Blue and Orange packs, but it is not available as part of its basic subscription. You need to purchase Heartland Extra at $6/month to stream the channel along with $35/month for a basic-tier subscription. Get Sling TV on Apple TV and sign in to your account to start streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get Destination America on Apple TV?
Yes, you can install the channel on your Apple TV from the official App Store and activate your account with a pay-TV service provider.
2. Is Destination America free on Apple TV?
The Destination America Go app is available for free to download but to stream the content, and you need to sign in with any participating pay-TV service provider that you subscribed to.
3. Name some popular shows of Destination America?
Some of the popular shows include Ghost Asylum, Paranormal Lockdown UK, Haunted Towns, Haunted Case Files, BBQ Pitmasters, Tiny House Big Living, etc.