Discovery Plus is a streaming service that offers various TV shows, both non-fiction and reality shows. The service features nearly 55000 episodes and 2500 series from multiple channels. The most popular TV brands include HGTV, TLC, A&E, Investigation Discovery, OWN, Animal Planet, Lifetime, BBC, Food Network, Discovery, History, etc. The subscription costs $4.99/month, and the ad-free plan at $6.99/month. To stream Discovery Plus on Vizio Smart TV, you may need to cast it using the SmartCast feature. As of now, the Discovery Plus app is not available for Vizio Smartcast TVs. However, there are some alternative ways in which you can stream it.
How to Get Discovery Plus on Vizio Smart TV
Until the official launch of the Discovery Plus on the Vizio App Store for Vizio TV, you can either use the AirPlay feature on your iOS devices or the Cast feature on an Android smartphone to stream the contents to Vizio Smart TV.
Steps to Cast Discovery Plus App on Vizio Smart TV
(1) Make sure to sign up for Discovery Plus by visiting its official website on your Android phone.
(2) Install the Discovery Plus app on your Android phone or tablet from the Google Play Store.
(3) Now, proceed with Discovery Plus activation and log in with your Discovery account.
(4) Use the same WIFI on Vizio Smart TV and your Android phone or tablet.
(5) Now, tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
(6) Select the Vizio Smart TV from the list of available devices.
(7) Then, stream any video title from the Discovery Plus app. The video content will now be streamed on your TV.
Steps to AirPlay Discovery+ on Vizio TV from iOS
Make sure to update your Vizio TV to the latest version to use the AirPlay feature.
(1) Sign up for Discovery Plus first. If you have done, skip to the next step.
(2) Install the Discovery Plus app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
(3) Now, launch the Discovery Plus app on your iPhone or iPad.
(4) Keep your Vizio Smart TV and your iPhone or iPad are connected to the same WIFI network.
(5) Now, start playing any content you want to stream and tap the AirPlay icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
(6) Select your Vizio SmartCast TV from the list of available devices.
(7) The video will appear on your Vizio Smart TV.
How to Watch Discovery Plus on Vizio Smart TV from a Computer
(1) Launch the Chrome Browser app on your Windows or Mac computer.
(2) Go to the official Discovery Plus site (https://www.discoveryplus.com/).
(3) Make sure to connect your TV and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
(4) Right-click anywhere on the screen and choose the Cast option.
(5) Make sure to select your Vizio Smart TV and choose the Cast Tab option from the Sources drop-down.
(6) Now, the PC screen gets cast on your TV. Start playing any video you want to stream on your TV.
Until the official launch, we recommend you to use any of the above ways to stream Discovery+ on your Vizio smart TV. If you know how to download apps on Vizio TV, then you shall get hours of entertainment.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The app isn’t officially available for Vizio TV.
There is no word about the launch of Discovery+ for Vizio TV. However, we may expect the launch at any time sooner.
As of now, there is no official notice from Vizio TV nor from Discovery Plus.
It is because the app isn’t officially launched for the Vizio smart TVs. So, adding Discovery+ to Vizio smart TV isn’t possible now.
If your Vizio TV is not showing up on AirPlay, it means your Apple device isn’t closer to Vizio TV.
Yes. You can watch Discovery+ on Vizio Smart TV via casting.