Foxtel is one of the major satellite and cable TV platforms in Australia. It is available as Foxtel Go for Android and iOS users. With the app, you can stream all the movies, series, Live TV, and Sports events anytime you want in up to HD quality. The best part of Foxtel GO is that it has an exclusive page for kids with hundreds of episodes with parental controls. As Foxtel Go on Apple TV isn’t yet official, one should screen mirror it from the smartphone. In this article, we will explore the different ways in which you can access Foxtel Go on Apple TV of any model.
How to Watch Foxtel Go on Apple TV
Follow the procedure carefully to watch Foxtel Go on your Apple TV by screen mirroring the Foxtel app.
Steps to Get Foxtel Go on Apple TV [From iOS]
- Make sure that your Apple TV and iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Turn on the AirPlay feature on your Apple TV (Settings –> General –> AirPlay).
- Install the Foxtel Go app on your iPhone from the App Store, if you don’t have the app. (The app is available only in Australia)
(1) Open the Foxtel Go app on your iPhone from the Apps section.
(2) Log in if prompted and click to play any of the videos that you want.
(3) While playing the video, click the AirPlay icon on the lower right corner of the screen.
(4) Choose your Apple TV when you get the available devices in the connection.
(5) Now, the video will appear on your Apple TV.
Steps to AirPlay Foxtel Go from Mac
(1) Start by connecting your Mac and Apple TV to the same WIFI.
(2) Visit the official website of Foxtel Go using your browser.
(3) Provide your Foxtel Go login details like the username and password.
(4) Click on any title to start playing on your Mac.
(5) Now, hit the AirPlay icon on the media player.
(6) Choose your Apple TV to establish a connection and with that, the video will start playing on your Apple TV.
Related: How to Download Apps on Apple TV in Two Minutes
Alternate Method: How to Get Foxtel Go on Apple TV
In this method, you are going to use Safari or any web browsers you have on your Apple TV.
(1) Open the web browser you have on your Apple TV.
(2) Go to the Foxtel Go website and sign in with your Foxtel account.
(3) Choose the video that you want to play on Apple TV. If you are outside of Australia, use a VPN to bypass the geo-restriction.
These were the different ways in which you can use the Foxtel Go app on your TV. However, if you want to install the app on Apple TV, you need to wait until the app is available for tvOS.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You cannot directly get the app on Apple TV.
The app is not available for Apple TV. You can either cast the app or use the Foxtel website on Apple TV.
Smart TV users can use the built-in Cast icon to cast or mirror the Foxtel app.
No. It isn’t yet officially available for the Apple TV.