HBO Max is one of the premium services that has gained a large userbase in the short span. It is compatible with Android, iOS, Android TV, Samsung Tizen TV, Roku, LG with webOS TV, new Vizio TV, etc. With its availability for Android TV, Sony TV operating on Android OS gets HBO Max support. Thus letting the smart TV user watch all of the HBO content and TV series, hit movies, and Max Originals. It includes flexible parental controls and is the perfect destination for the kids to watch their favorite shows. HBO Max on Sony Smart TV gives you a personalized streaming experience with up to five profiles. It also supports hand-picked titles by editors, and thus, the users will stay entertained for hours. You can cancel your subscription with HBO Max at any time without any cancellation fee.
HBO Max Subscription
You shall get the HBO Max subscription plan at $14.99/month or $149.99/year without ads. You can get it for $9.99/month or $99.99/year with ads. Those signing up for a new account will additionally be getting a 7-day free trial. You can buy the subscription from the HBO Max website.
How to Get HBO Max on Sony Smart TV
Fewer Sony smart TV models with Android OS support streaming HBO Max. Here is the guide you need to download the HBO Max app on your Sony TV.
(1) Press the Home button on the Sony TV remote.
(2) Under the home menu, choose Google Play Store.
(3) You shall click on the search or magnifier icon of the Play Store.
(4) Type the app name using the screen keyboard as HBO Max and click enter.
(5) Select HBO Max from the search result to further install it.
(6) Navigate to click on the Install button to start downloading the app.
(7) On the app permission screen, click the Accept button.
(8) Once after the installation, select Open to launch HBO Max on Sony TV.
How to Install HBO Max on Sony Smart TV using Smartphone
Since Sony smart TVs released after 2019 support screen casting or mirroring, you can stream HBO Max from the smartphone.
(1) Connect your Sony smart TV and your Android/iOS device to the same WIFI.
(3) Click Get/Install to download the HBO Max on your smartphone.
(4) After the download, click Open to launch the app on your handheld.
(5) Log in to your account and select any title of your choice to start playing.
(6) Click on the AirPlay or Cast icon on the screen.
(7) Select the Sony TV name to establish a connection.
(8) With this, you will find the HBO Max title playing on your phone now on your smartphone.
That’s all. In this way, you can install HBO Max on selected models of Sony TV. Those who don’t have access to HBO Max need to wait for its official launch.
Try This Way!
If your Sony Smart TV doesn’t support the HBO Max app, you can use other external devices like Chromecast, Firestick, or Roku to get the HBO Max app. If you happen to have any one of the external devices, follow our guide on how to use the HBO Max app on your respective devices.
Why is HBO Max TV Sign In Not Working?
Entering the wrong login details may be one of the reasons for this issue. Check if you have entered the correct username, password, etc. When the issue persists, you are recommended to delete and reinstall the app on your device to fix up this issue.
How to Get HBO Max on the Sony Blu Ray Player
- Go to the Apps section and highlight the HBO Max app.
- Select the Options button on the remote.
- Click on Add to My Apps to use it from the My Apps area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. HBO Max can be installed on Sony Smart TV from the Play Store.
To uninstall, press the Home button on the remote to select Apps. Then, click on See All Apps and choose HBO Max.
Finally, click Uninstall to delete the HBO Max on Sony Bravia TV.
Yes. You can easily fix HBO Max not working on Sony TV by carrying out the general troubleshooting. It includes checking the internet, updating the device and app, checking for server down issues, relaunching the app, etc.
You shall need to connect your smartphone to the compatible TV to start watching HBO Max on your TV screen.
Yes. You can watch HBO Max without WIFI provided if you have downloaded any titles for offline access.
You shall log out and log in to your HBO Max account. Further, you shall reset your network and check if that resolves. Make sure to use the same WIFI on your casting and cast to devices.
You shall click on the Full-screen icon from the bottom right corner of the screen to get the full screen on the HBO Max app.
Click on the Profile icon >> select Settings >> choose Sign Out.