If you can’t find HBO Now on the App Store, then you should probably search for HBO Max. The ever-popular HBO NOW has been re-branded as HBO Max. Despite its multi-platform support, you could find it as a fully functional streaming service for Apple TV. Thus, the tvOS users can stream all of the HBO content, including movies, series, and exclusive originals. Nevertheless, it failed to provide a personalized streaming experience with up to five profile support. Besides streaming, HBO Max on Apple TV supports downloading titles for offline access.
HBO Max Subscription Plans
The re-branded version of HBO Now offers a 7-day free trial for the new user. Once after the trial period, you shall need to pay $14.99/month to start streaming it to the fullest.
Procedure to Install HBO Max (Now) on Apple TV
The steps provided below will help you with the installation of HBO Max on tvOS.
Note: As of now, HBO Max is available only to the tvOS 4th generation and later models.
(1) On your Apple TV home screen, navigate to select App Store tile.
(2) Select the Search (magnifier) icon from the menu bar of the tvOS.
(3) Input the app name as HBO Max to further search for it on Apple App Store.
(4) When you get the search result, then choose the HBO Max tile to read more information about it.
(5) To add it, navigate to the bottom left corner to select the Get button.
(6) If tvOS shows you a prompt to confirm downloading it, select Get to finalize.
Note: If in case you haven’t signed up with Apple ID, then you get a prompt for it.
(7) After the installation, the button label will be changed into Open. Click on it to launch HBO Max on tvOS.
Procedure to Activate & Use HBO Max on Apple TV
Here are the steps you should carry out to activate and access HBO Max on tvOS.
(1) Launch HBO Max app on your tvOS
(2) Select the Sign In button, you will find a 6-digit code on the screen.
(3) On your Phone or PC, visit https://activate.hbomax.com using any browser.
(4) Key in the activation code as shown on your TV and select Next.
(5) Select Sign-in Through TV or Mobile Provider option.
- In case you have HBO Max with a TV package, then select Allow if you are asked to use HBO Max with a TV provider subscription.
(6) On the following screen, select your TV provider to enter the username and password.
(7) If you are signing up, then provide email, name, and select Create Account.
(8) In about a minute, you shall start streaming HBO Max on tvOS.
Related: How to Watch HBO NOW on TV using Chromecast
Alternative Way – Using AirPlay
If you have iPhone or iPad with the HBO Max app, then you can AirPlay it to the tvOS screen. This is a handy option if you don’t want to spare your tvOS space by installing HBO Max.
Note: Check if you have set Allow Access on the AirPlay Settings on tvOS.
(1) Connect your Apple TV and iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi.
(2) Launch the HBO Max app on your iOS handheld.
(3) Open the Control Center to select the AirPlay icon available next to the volume slider.
(4) On the AirPlay pop-up, select the Apple TV name.
(5) When the connection gets established, you will find HBO Max on tvOS.
On March 18th, 2021, the most anticipated movie for all the DC fans will be available to stream. With the HBO Max app on your Apple TV, you can watch Snyder Cut full movie with ease. Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be a perfect treat for the DC fans and also the Hollywood fans. Stream Snyder Cut on Apple TV.
Upon following the guidelines given above, you shall start using the HBO Max app on tvOS and stream all its contents. If you have any queries, you shall comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have an HBO subscription already. Can I use HBO Max?
Yes. If you have an active HBO Now subscription or TV or mobile provider, then you can use HBO Max.
Is HBO Max a family-friendly streaming app?
Yes. It includes kids-friendly entertainment content, and hence everyone at home can start streaming content.
Does HBO Max has parental controls?
Yes. HBO Max has custom parental control support, and you give your kids a uniquely fun streaming experience.