I’m sure you are aware of what is Apple TV? That’s why you have ended up. Basically, every smart device has its own setup procedure. Firstly, you need to make all the external wire connections properly and then turn on the device. Then, you need to set the internal things to use the device. The same procedure is to be followed to set up Apple TV. LIke setting up the iPhone or smartphone, the setup procedure to set up Apple TV is an easy process. Apple TV offers two ways to set up your Apple TV.
The one major drawback of Apple TV is that the HDMI cable is not included in the kit. You need to have the standard HDMI 2.0 or later cable to connect the device to the TV or any output device. If you are planning to set up the Apple TV via your iPhone or iPad, make sure that your iOS device is updated to the latest version.
Procedure to Set up Apple TV
Follow these procedures carefully to easily setup Apple TV.
External Wire Connections
(1) Unbox the kit. You will have one Apple TV device, one remote, one power cable, one lightning USB cable. To set up the Apple TV, you need the device, remote, and power cable. The lightning USB cable is to charge the remote.
(2) Take the power cable. Insert the one end of the power cable to the Apple TV and insert the other end to the power cord.
(3) Then, take the third-party HDMI cable and connect your Apple TV device to your TV.
(4) These are the external connection you need to set up. After this, power your Apple TV device and turn on your TV. Choose the correct HDMI output.
Activating Apple TV
(1) The first step in the on-screen process is the Language selection. Choose your preferred language.
(2) The next step is to choose your country or region. Choose your geo-location.
(3) Now, it will show you two options to proceed. Set Up with Device and Set Up Manually. Choose Set Up Manually. Set Up with Device is explained in the next section.
(4) Then, you need to select up your WiFi network. Choose your WiFi network in the list of networks displayed.
(5) If your WiFi network is password protected, it will ask for the password. Enter the password using the on-screen keyboard and click the Continue button.
(6) Now, Activating Apple TV screen will appear. It will take 2-3 minutes to complete.
(1) The next step is to enter your Apple ID. This will sync your iCloud and iTunes data on Apple TV. You can also skip this step by clicking the Skip This Step button.
(2) Next is the Location Services. Enable or disable the Location services based on your preferences.
(3) Like Location Services, it will ask for Siri. We recommend choosing the Use Siri button so that you can use voice commands.
(4) On the next screen, you will get See the World option. If you choose the Automatically Download button, Apple TV will download screensavers for every month, which will consume 600MB per month. If you don’t want screensavers, choose the Not Now button.
(5) Next one is the Diagnostics and Usage screen. Click the Send to Apple button to automatically send usage data to Apple. If you don’t want to share usage data, click the Don’t Send button.
(6) In the App Analytics screen, we recommend you to choose Share with App Developers so that they will know what is wrong with the specific app. This will help you with warranty claims.
(7) The final step is the Terms and Conditions screen, choose the Agree button.
(8) Now, you will get the Apple TV Home screen once the set up process is completed.
Set Up Apple TV: Set Up With Device
If you don’t want to go through these steps simply select Set Up With Device, you need to have an iPhone or iPad equipped with Apple ID and iCloud.
(1) After choosing the option, place your iOS device nearer to Apple TV.
(2) The Apple TV will detect your iPhone or iPad and take information like the WiFi network, Apple ID, and iCloud.
(3) You will get the Apple TV Home screen directly without any on-screen procedures.
Related: How to Restart Apple TV using Three Different Ways
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does setting up your Apple TV take?
If you choose the first method, it will take 5-7 minutes. If you choose Set Up With Device, it will take 2-3 minutes.
2. What is free on Apple TV?
You will get a one-year free subscription to Apple TV+. In Apple TV+, you will get to watch all the Apple TV originals and latest movies.
Set up your Apple TV with these steps and start streaming your favorite movies & TV shows. Don’t forget to buy the HDMI cable. Without the HDMI cable, you can’t connect the Apple TV device to your TV. If you have any doubts about your Apple TV, tell us in the comments section.