iHeartRadio is an audio streaming service that provides access to millions of music tracks by top artists, podcasts, live radio stations, and custom radio stations. It will create the radio stations based on the songs you previously listened to. It is considered to be the best free radio streaming service. However, free subscribers can access and play only playlists and not all the content. This on-demand service has two paid subscription plans: iHeartRadio Plus and iHeartRadio All Access. Apart from this, it also allows you to listen to the songs offline. If you want to access iHeartRadio on Apple TV, you can check out the below section.
How to Get iHeartRadio on Apple TV
You can stream the iHeartRadio app only in Apple TV 4th generation and higher models. iHeartRadio is available in App Store. However, the earlier models of Apple TV don’t have access to the App Store, and you can’t stream iHeartRadio. On the other hand, the older model Apple TV users can screen mirror the iHeartRadio App from the iOS device. iHeartRadio is not accessible outside the US. It is only available in the United States, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand.
Installing iHeartRadio App on Apple TV – Direct Method
To install the iHeartRadio App from the App Store, follow the below steps.
1) Turn on your Apple TV. Make sure to connect your Apple TV to a Wi-Fi network that is stable. After that, open the App Store from the Apple TV home screen.
2) Click on the search bar and type iHeartRadio using the on-screen keyboard.
3) When the search results display, you should select iHeartRadio from the list.
4) Select the Get button to install the iHeartRadio app.
5) After the installation process, click Open to launch iHeartRadio.
6) You will find the Activation code displayed on the Apple TV screen.
Once the installation process completes, you should proceed with the activation process of the app.
How to Activate iHeartRadio App on Apple TV
To activate the iHeartRadio App, you should follow the steps given below.
1) Go to the iHeartRadio activation website on your mobile or computer browser.
2) Sign in to your iHeartRadio account with the login information.
3) Enter the activation code displayed on the Apple TV on the field provided and click Activate.
4) After verifying the code, the iHearRadio app on the Apple TV activates.
5) Finally, you can select any track on the iHeartRadio app, and it will start streaming on the Apple TV screen.
How to Get iHeartRadio on Apple TV Via AirPlay
You will find the AirPlay option as an in-built feature on the iHeartRadio app. The 2nd and 3rd Generation Apple TV users can follow the steps given below to access iHeartRadio by the AirPlay method.
1) First, connect the Apple TV and your iPhone device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2) On your iPhone, search and install the iHeartRadio app from the App Store.
3) To launch the app, click Open and Sign-in with your account details.
4) Now, select the content from the iHeartRadio app on your iPhone and click the AirPlay icon on the media player.
5) It displays the devices connected to the same network. Select Apple TV on which the content has to be played.
6) Finally, choose your favorite content on your iPhone/iPad, and it will play on the Apple TV Screen.
1. Is iHeartRadio Plus is available on all devices?
No, it is only available on iOS and Android.
2. Can we skip any number of songs in iHeartRadio?
It limits the free subscription users to skip up to a maximum of 15 songs a day across all stations.