Nowadays, Smart TVs are getting more new features and are advanced in user interface & app compatibility. You can install almost every smartphone app on Smart TV and use them without any issues. If you are a Plex pass subscriber, you can easily install Plex on Vizio Smart TV. We all know, that Plex has two types of apps: Plex Media Player and Plex Media Server. For Vizio Smart TV, you can install the Plex Media Player app. There are more than 200+ live TV channels available on Plex, and anyone can stream it without a subscription. Besides streaming, Plex works as a personal media organizer, and thus, the users can experience personalized streaming.
Plex Media Player on Vizio Smart TV comes with certain limitations. The app is only applicable to the 2013-2016 models. For 2017 and later models, the app is not available yet. In addition to that, Vizio Smart TV itself has some limitations. You can install apps only on the Vizio Internet Apps model (VIA TVs). You can’t install apps on Smartcast TV models.
Plex Subscription Plans & Pricing
Plex is a subscription service that offers different plans.
- Monthly Plan: $4.99
- Annual Plan: $39.99
- Lifetime Plan: $119.99
How to Install Plex on Vizio TV (VIA Model)
(1) Turn on your Vizio TV and press the V button on the remote.
(2) It will open the Vizio App menu. On the top. you will see options like My Apps, Featured, Latest, and so on.
(3) Go to the All Apps section. You will see the Plex app. if the app is not available, search for the app. Select the Plex app.
(4) On the next screen, click the Install button.
(5) The installation of the Plex app on Vizio Smart TV will begin and when it is completed, click the OK button.
(6) Open the Plex app and stream your favorite video content.
How to Activate Plex App on Vizio TV
(1) On your Vizio TV, navigate to the Apps section to find Plex Vizio App.
(2) Click on the Plex app tile to open it on your TV.
(3) Make a note of the Plex activation code shown on the Vizio TV.
(4) From a browser, visit the Plex activation link (https://plex.tv/link).
(5) Provide the Plex account login details in the respective field.
(6) Now, input the Plex activation code as displayed on the TV. Tap on the Submit button.
(7) When the device gets activated, you shall start streaming the desired title using the Plex Vizio app.
How to Cast Plex on Vizio Smart TV
If the Plex app is not available for your Vizio Smart TV, you can cast the Plex app from your smartphone. All the Vizio Smart TV has built-in support for Chromecast.
(2) Open the Plex app and tap on the Cast icon.
(3) Your smartphone will search for nearby casting devices.
(4) When it appears, tap on your Vizio Smart TV.
(5) Now, choose any of the videos from the app. It will be cast on your Vizio Smart TV.
(6) To stop the casting, tap on the Cast icon and choose Disconnect.
How to AirPlay Plex to Vizio TV
Since Vizio TV is AirPlay 2 compatible, you can screen mirror it from iPhone/iPad.
(1) Connect your Vizio TV and your iOS device to the same WIFI.
(2) Download and install the Plex app on your iOS device from the App Store.
(3) Sign in to your account with the Plex login details.
(4) Now, select any title to play and click on the AirPlay icon.
(5) Go ahead to choose Vizio TV from the available devices.
(6) As soon as the connection establishes, you will find the Plex app on TV.
Plex Not Working on Vizio TV: Possible Fixes
While Plex users may not get any issues while using the app, there are times it will fail to work. The best way to troubleshoot it is listed down.
- Fix if the WIFI or internet isn’t stable and fast.
- Try to close and relaunch the app.
- Check if Plex servers are down or facing downtime.
- Power cycle your Vizio TV.
- Update the Plex app and check if you can use the app.
- Delete and reinstall the Plex app.
- When nothing works, we recommend resetting your Vizio TV.
You can install the Plex Media Player app on your Smart TV if it is a VIA model. For Smartcast Vizio Smart TVs, cast the video contents from the smartphone to your Vizio TV. If you want to stream lots of movies and TV shows, you shall try Peacock TV on Vizio Smart TV.
You can update the Plex app easily on your Vizio Smart TV. Here is how you update apps on Vizio Smart TV.
Plex will work fine if it is compatible with your Smart TV. If it is not working, check your internet connectivity and reinstall the app. Also, check whether the app is updated to the latest version.
Yes. It is officially available, or the users can cast it to TV.