Pop TV is an American pay-TV channel. This is like a general entertainment channel featuring the contents of Popular Culture. The contents library includes various scripts and reality series both original and acquired. Pop TV is the only option to watch pop originals like One Day at a Time, Florida Girls, and Schitt’s Creek. This is one of the famous OTP streaming services. Moreover, this is free streaming services that offer various shows for free. The Pop TV app is available for various devices like Apple TV, Roku, Firestick, smartphones, and tablets, etc. Yes, you can get Pop TV on Apple TV. Let us discuss how to do that in detail.
Get Pop TV on Apple TV
Pop TV rolled out its version for tvOS on which Apple TV is based on. The users of Apple TV 4 and 4K can download the app from the App Store. Whereas the previous generations don’t have the option to download due to lack of App Store. For those, we do have provided alternative ways.
Step 1: Connect your Apple TV to TV. Power it on. And then connect it to an uninterrupted WiFi network.
Step 2: From the Apple TV home screen navigate to the App Store.
Step 3: You can find a search icon on the top. Hover to it.
Step 4: In the provided text bar type Pop TV. Your Apple TV will start giving suggestions.
Step 5: Choose the one with the following icon.
Step 6: On the App information page click Get. This will download the application.
Step 7: Click Get and confirm if prompted. The app will be downloaded.
Step 8: Click open to launch the app. Also you can find the app under the Apps section of your home screen.
Step 9: Log in with your iCloud credentials.
Step 10: Now you can start watching your favorite contents for Free.
For those who don’t want to download the app or for those who are using the previous-gen Apple TV (1st Gen, 2nd Gen, and 3rd Gen) there is a way to watch Apple TV. Yes, screen mirroring. You can download the Pop TV app on your iPhone and then screen mirror your iPhone. This will stream the contents on your iPhone to the Apple TV.
- Connect your Apple TV and iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network.
- Go to the Control center.
- Then choose the screen mirroring tile. Or you can also choose the Airplay option if available.
- Or if your Pop TV has native airplay support. Play your video on the phone then tap the Airplay icon.
- Now from the list of available devices choose the Apple TV.
- That’s it your content will now be played on your Apple TV.
If not you can also get Pop TV from the various streaming service providers. But then that involves a cost. Still, they are worth paying as you get more and more additional content.
- Hulu + Live TV – $54.99/month & $60.99/month (ad free).
- YouTube TV – $64.99/month
- Fubo TV – Standard $59.99/month & Family Bundle $64.99/month
- Sling TV – $30/month & $45/month.
- AT&T TV Now – Various plans ranging from $93/month to $135/month.
Choose the one which you would like to use. Moreover, the app installed on your Apple TV seems more reliable. As you don’t have any disturbances in watching various shows on a bigger screen without any interruption. What would you choose? Let us know in the comment section below.