Apple TV streaming device is the costliest streaming device when compared to other devices like Firestick, Roku, and Mi Box. With that cost, the features in the Apple TV is more or less equal to the iPhone and iPad. You can install apps and games from the App Store, you can screen mirror videos from iPhone or iPad if the app is not available for Apple TV, sync with your Apple ID, and so on. Likewise, you can install the Sling TV on Apple TV in the same way you install apps on iPhone and iPad.
Sling TV on Apple TV
Only the Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD has the access to App Store. In the earlier generations, you need to stick with the pre-installed apps. Sling TV offers three subscriptions for Apple TV users. Sling Orange and Sling Blue costs $30 per month and Sling Orange + Blue costs $45 per month. Buy any of the subscriptions from the Sling TV website.
How to Install Sling TV on Apple TV?
(1) Turn on your Apple TV and open the App Store application.
(2) Navigate to the Search bar on the top.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Sling TV and search.
(4) Select Sling TV from the list of apps displayed.
(5) On the next screen, click on the Install button or Get button to install the app on your Apple TV.
(6) When the installation is completed, click the Open button to launch the Sling TV app instantly.
(7) Sign in with your subscribed account and start watching your favorite content on Sling TV.
How to Screen Mirror Sling TV on Apple TV?
You can use this method for Apple TV 3rd Gen and earlier devices.
(1) Install the Sling TV from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
(2) Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV.
(3) Go to the Control Centre and tap on the Screen Mirroring option.
(4) Your iOS device will look for nearby Apple TV. When it is detected, tap on it.
(5) Now, the entire iOS screen will be mirrored to your Apple TV.
(6) Open the Sling TV app and stream any video. It will appear on your Apple TV.
Install the Sling TV on your Apple TV from the App Store. If you are using older Apple TVs, the screen mirror the video contents from your iPhone or iPad. Get Sling TV on your smart device and get access to more than 200 TV channels & 85,000 on-demand contents. If you have any difficulties in the above steps, tell us in the comments section.
Related: NFL Game Pass on Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Sling available on Apple TV?
Yes, the app is available for Apple TV. You can install the app from the App Store.
2. Why can’t I add apps to my Apple TV?
If you are having Apple TV 3rd Gen or earlier versions, you can’t add apps manually. There is no App Store on those devices. You can use the Screen Mirroring feature to cast videos from an iPhone or iPad.