Spotify Music one of the fewest music streaming platforms that is available all over the world. The app is available for all smart devices like smartphones, smart TVs, and streaming devices. You can install Spotify Music on Apple TV as the app is available on the App Store. It is the No.1 App in the Music category. Spotify Music is the best app to listen to podcasts, music, and album songs.
There are four generations of Apple TV. Among the four, only the Apple TV 4th Gen has the App Store. In the other three generations, you can’t install any additional apps.
How to Play Spotify Music On Apple TV 4th Gen?
(1) Go to the Home page and open the App Store.
(2) Click on the Search icon on the top-right of the screen.
(3) The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Spotify and search for it.
(4) Select the Spotify app from the search results.
(5) On the next screen, click the Get button to install the app.
(6) After the app is installed, click the Open button.
(7) Click the Log In button and the app will display the activation code.
(8) Now, take your smartphone or PC and go to the Spotify Activation website.
(9) Sign in with your Spotify account and enter the pairing code. Click the Pair button.
(10) When activated, you can get access to the Spotify Music app on your Apple TV.
How to Listen to Spotify Music On Apple TV 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen?
In these models, you can use the Airplay feature on your iPhone or iOS to listen to Spotify on your TV.
(1) Connect your iOS device to the same WiFi network as your Apple TV.
(2) Open the Spotify app on the iOS device and play any music.
(3) While the music is playing, click the Devices Available icon.
(4) On the next screen, click on the More Devices option.
(5) Then, tap on your Apple TV. The music will be played on your Apple TV.
These are the two ways that you can use the Spotify Music app on your TV. Download and install the app from the App Store or use the AirPlay feature on your iOS devices to listen to Spotify Music. While using the AirPlay feature, make sure that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
Related: Spotify on Roku
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you listen to Spotify on Apple TV?
Yes, you can. Use any one of the methods mentioned in this article to listen to Spotify on your Apple TV.
2. How do I get Spotify on my old Apple TV?
In Older Apple TV, you can use the AirPlay feature to listen to Spotify Music.
3. How do I download apps on my first generation Apple TV?
You can’t download apps on 1st Gen Apple TV. There is no App Store available on the older Apple TVs.