Spotify is a music streaming platform that allows users to listen to millions of songs and podcasts worldwide on Samsung TV. It is natively available on the Samsung TV’s app store and offers free and paid versions. But you will be interrupted by advertisements every 30 minutes if you use the free version. If you wish to have an ad-free experience and other features like offline listening, higher audio quality, and the ability to skip tracks, choose to go with the premium one.
In addition, Spotify offers a wide range of podcasts, including original content and exclusive shows from popular creators. Users can also create playlists and share music or podcasts with friends through social media integration.
How to Subscribe to Spotify
You can sign up for a free account and start upgrading to a premium subscription plan if you wish. Follow the steps below to sign up for a Spotify account.
1. Open a web browser on your Smartphone or PC.
2. Search for Spotify [open.spotify.com] and open its website.
3. Click on the Sign-Up option from the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Select Sign Up with Google, Facebook, or email ID as per your comfort.
5. Once done, you will be redirected to a page where you have to enter your basic details and hit Sign Up.
6. Now, you can start using Spotify’s free version and listen to the desired songs for free.
Upgrade your Free Account
Spotify’s free version contains limited features and you will be interrupted by advertisements every 30 minutes. If you want to have an ad-free experience, you must upgrade your free account to a premium one.
1. Open the Spotify website on your Smartphone or PC.
2. Once the website launches, tap on the Upgrade option at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Now, choose the plan you are comfortable with and hit Get Started.
4. After that, enter the required details and choose your payment type.
5. Once done, hit Buy Now and use Spotify with a premium account.
How to Install Spotify on Samsung TV
Here are the steps to install Spotify on your TV:
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Grab your Samsung TV remote and press the Smart Hub button.
3. Once the Smart Hub launches, select the Search icon and search for the Spotify app.
4. Now, the app appears on the search results. Select Spotify and hit the Install button.
5. Wait until the app is installed. Now, launch the app and sign in with your email ID.
6. Finally, you can start listening to all your favorite songs.
How to Listen to Spotify on Samsung TV Using Streaming Devices?
If your Samsung Smart TV does not have an in-built Spotify app, you can use streaming devices like Chromecast, Roku, or Amazon Firestick to stream Spotify on your TV. Connect the streaming devices to your TV and install the Spotify app. After that, use the above-mentioned steps to subscribe to Spotify. Once done, you can listen to all the desired songs on your Samsung Smart TV.
If you haven’t installed the Spotify app on your streaming devices, use our guide to install it.
How to Screen Mirror Spotify on Samsung TV Using Smartphone
If you have already installed the Spotify app on your Smartphone, there is no need to install it again on your Samsung Smart TV. Simply screen mirror it to your TV and listen to the desired songs.
2. Now, swipe down the Notification Panel or Control Center from your Smartphone.
3. Next, click the Screen Mirroring option and select your Samsung TV from the list.
4. Within seconds, you can listen to Spotify on your TV screen.
How to Listen to Spotify on Samsung TV Using a Web Browser
You all might be aware of the availability of a web browser on the Samsung Smart TV. If your Samsung TV is compatible with the web browser, you can use the web version of Spotify and listen to all your favorite songs easily.
1. Go to the Apps section From your Samsung TV’s home screen.
2. Now, choose the Web Browser tile in the current screen.
3. When the web browser launches, search for the official website of Spotify.
4. Open the website and start playing the desired songs on Spotify.
Yes, you can install the Spotify app on your TV and it is natively available on the Samsung TV’s app store.
Sometimes, you cannot find certain applications on your TV due to the availability of temporary bugs or lack of internet connection. So, restart your TV and connect it to a good internet connection.