TCM is a premium streaming service to watch all your favorite old classic movies. To access this service, the users need to get a cable TV subscription or a satellite TV subscription. TCM does not charge additional costs or hidden fees. In addition, it provides several pieces of info about the movies like cast and crew details, synopsis, image galleries, etc. Watching TCM on Apple TV is the best way to experience old movies. TCM includes the uncut versions of old classic movies. In addition to movies, it also offers some popular classic short films.
The users can add their favorite films to the watchlist and watch them later. TCM regularly updates the classic movies on its platform. You can directly download the TCM app on Apple TV and binge-watch classic movies.
How to Install TCM App on Apple TV
1) Turn On your Apple TV and connect your Apple TV with a stable internet connection.
2) On the Apple TV home screen, locate and select the App Store. If you can’t find the app, click Search Menu and type App Store.
3) Open the App Store and tap the search icon displayed at the top.
4) Type WATCH TCM on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
5) Select the WATCH TCM app from the search results and click Get to install the app on your Apple TV.
6) After the installation, launch the TCM app and follow the necessary procedures to get into the app.
7) Well, that’s it. Start streaming your favorite classic movies of TCM on Apple TV.
How to Activate TCM app on Apple TV
1) Open the TCM app on your Apple TV.
2) Your Apple TV screen displays an activation passcode to activate TCM.
3) On your Smartphone or computer, Open a browser and go to the TCM activation site.
4) Select the Apple TV logo displayed under the heading Select the Platform for Activation.
5) You’ll be directed to a new screen, fill the code in the activation box and click Submit.
6) Now, your TCM account will be activated. Open the TCM app on Apple TV and stream your favorite movies.
How to Screen Mirror TCM to Apple TV
There are two techniques to screen mirror the TCM app to your tvOS.
Before following the steps listed below, connect your iPhone and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi.
1) Launch the App Store app on your iPhone.
2) Select the select Search icon displayed at the top.
3) Type WATCH TCM app and tap TCM app from the search result.
4) Install the TCM app on your iPhone from the App Store.
4) Open the TCM app and click Sign in. If you’re using TCM for the first time, tap E-Mail Sign up and follow the on-screen prompts.
5) Once you’re in, navigate to the Control Center menu and tap Screen Mirroring.
6) Click the name of your Apple TV.
7) That’s it. You can now see the iPhone screen on Apple TV.
8) Play your desired movie on the TCM app and view it on a big screen.
1) Turn On your Mac and make sure to connect your Mac and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi.
2) Tap the AirPlay icon displayed at the Menu bar.
3) If you can’t find the AirPlay icon in the Menu bar, enable the AirPlay in Display Settings.
4) A small menu pops up on the screen. Click on your Apple TV name displayed on the menu.
5) That’s it. Your Mac screen is mirrored to Apple TV.
6) Launch the Safari browser on your Mac.
7) Visit the official website of TCM.
8) Click Sign in and follow the on-screen instructions to get access to TCM content.
9) Now, play your favorite classic movie on Mac and watch it on Apple TV.
Related: How to Add and Watch Willow TV on Apple TV [2 Ways]
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can I install the TCM app on Apple TV?
Yes! You can download the TCM app on Apple TV. Open App Store on your Apple TV and install the app.
2) Can I watch TCM on Apple TV without a cable subscription?
Yes. You can watch TCM without a cable subscription. You can stream the TCM service on Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, DirecTV Stream, or Youtube TV.
3) Is there any other streaming service to watch old movies?
Apart from TCM, you can also watch old classic movies on The Criterion Channel and Kanopy.