WhatsApp is the most used communication tool globally, Which can also be accessed on Apple TV. The smartphone app can be screen mirrored to Apple TV either by using iPhone or Android. WhatsApp keeps on adding more and more new features to the chatting app. With that, you can watch YouTube videos right from the WhatsApp app. In such cases, you can screen mirror those shared videos on WhatsApp to your Apple TV.
All the Apple TV, right from the 1st generation, has screen mirroring as a built-in feature. By using that, you can screen mirror anything and everything from your iPhone or Android smartphone to your Apple TV. Here, we discussed how to watch WhatsApp videos or WhatsApp Video calls on Apple TV.
Procedure to Watch WhatsApp Videos on Apple TV: Using iPhone
(1) Connect both the Apple TV and iPhone to the same WiFi connection.
(2) On your iPhone, open the Control Centre and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
(3) Within few seconds, it will search for the nearby casting device. When your Apple TV is detected, tap on it.
(4) Now, your entire iPhone screen will be mirrored to the Apple TV.
(5) After that, open the WhatsApp Messenger app on your iPhone. Install the WhatsApp Messenger on iPhone from the App Store.
(6) Make video calls or play any forwarded videos on WhatsApp. It will be mirrored to your Apple TV.
Procedure to Watch WhatsApp Videos on Apple TV: Using Android Smartphones
To screen mirror Android smartphones to Apple TV, you have to use third-party apps from the Play Store. Among those third-party apps, AllCast is the best screen mirroring apps. Install the AllCast app from the Play Store.
(1) Connect your Android smartphone and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
(2) Open the AllCast app on your Android smartphone.
(3) It will search for available casting devices. Choose your Apple TV when detected.
(4) If the mirroring is successful, your smartphone screen will be mirrored to your Apple TV.
(5) Now, open the WhatsApp app, make a video call, watch any videos, or scroll down on the chat screen.
(6) The same will appear on your Apple TV.
(7) To stop the mirroring, you can close the AllCast app.
With these two ways, you can screen mirror WhatsApp on Apple TV and watch all the WhatsApp videos and chats on a big screen. As WhatsApp lacks AirPlay support, you can’t cast the app to your TV. Use any one of the methods to get the app on Apple TV. If you have any doubts, mention them in the comments below.
Related: WhatsApp on Roku – How to Use and Make Video Calls
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use WhatsApp on Apple TV?
Yes, you can screen mirror the WhatsApp app to your Apple TV using iPhone or Android smartphone.
2. Can you AirPlay WhatsApp video call?
No, you can’t. But you can screen mirror the WhatsApp video call to any of the smart TV.