YouTube Music is the official Google Music app developed by keeping the YouTube formula in mind. The app has a very user-friendly interface. You can browse through songs and videos on the app and find them quickly based on genres. It has a very similar appeal to YouTube, and you can listen to music from every part of the world. This app also gives you suggestions based on your music tastes making the experience very captivating. It is possible to access YouTube Music on Android TV as it is available as a multi-platform app.
You need to pay $14.99/month after a one-month free trial of YouTube Music Premium. YouTube Music is a welcome treat to anyone familiar with the YouTube app. The app includes all the Music on YouTube uploaded under the Music category. YouTube Music has its own official app available in the Google Play Store. You can download the app from there for free. You can also cast the YouTube music app from your Android/iOS device to your TV.
How to Get YouTube Music on Android TV from Google Play Store
1. Firstly, check if your Android TV has an active internet connection.
2. Next, launch the Google Play Store on your device.
3. Click on the Search icon on the Play Store.
4. With the on-screen keyboard, type the YouTube Music app in the search bar and search for it.
5. Then, click on the YouTube Music app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button on the app info page and start downloading the app.
7. Wait for the app download to finish and launch the YouTube Music app.
8. Then, sign in to your YouTube Music account to access your personalized music.
Related: How to Stream Friends Reunion on Android Smart TV
Alternative Ways: Cast YouTube Music to Android TV
Learn the procedure to cast YouTube Music from different devices from the below section.
From your Android/iOS devices
1. First connect both your Android TV and your casting device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Next, launch the YouTube Music app on your Android/iOS device.
3. Further, tap the Cast icon that you can see near your profile picture.
4. From the available devices, you need to select your Android TV.
5. Within a few seconds the app screen starts casting on your TV.
6. Finally, play songs on the app and stream them on your TV.
1. Make sure your computer and Android TV device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Visit music.youtube.com on the Chrome web browser.
3. Next, click on the Cast icon on the top of the screen.
4. From the list of available devices to cast, choose your Android TV device.
5. Once the connection is established, play the song you want to stream on your Chrome browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I play YouTube Music on my TV?
Yes, you can access YouTube Music on your TV in more than just one way. You can install the app on your TV, access YouTube Music on YouTube, or cast the YouTube Music app on your TV.
2. Does YouTube Music have a TV app?
Yes, YouTube Music has its own Android TV app that you can download from the Play Store.