YouTube Music is a premium music streaming app with more than 70 million songs and podcasts. YouTube Music is available for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, but there is no dedicated app available for Apple TV. If you are an Apple TV user, then you have to listen to songs on YouTube Music using the YouTube app. You can also airplay songs from your iPhone/iPad to your Apple TV.
You can use the YouTube app to stream YouTube Music, or you can airplay YouTube Music from your iPhone or iPad to your TV. YouTube is available for free to download and stream. For additional features like ad-free service with a background playing option, you can purchase YouTube Premium.
Features of YouTube Music
- It is available in both free and premium versions with a subscription.
- You can search for the top charts of music and videos worldwide.
- You can also watch live performances and remixes of the music from different artists.
- It allows you to create your own playlist of songs and provides daily mixes of songs.
- Also, you can search for the lyrics of your favorite music, and you can also create personalized radio stations.
How to Stream YouTube Music on Apple TV
 Connect your Apple TV to the HDMI Port and to the stable internet connection.
 Go to the App Store.
 Tap the Search bar and type YouTube using the virtual keypad.
 Choose the YouTube app and select the Install button.
 Launch the YouTube app on your TV.
 The activation code will appear on your TV screen. Make a note of it.
 On your mobile or PC, open the web browser and visit the YouTube Activation website.
 In the respective box, enter the displayed code, and then click Next.
 The YouTube app will be activated on your Apple TV
 Now, open the YouTube app and choose the Music option.
 Here, you can access and listen to your favorite music.
How to AirPlay YouTube Music on Apple TV
YouTube music also has a dedicated AirPlay icon to mirror the application using iOS devices.
 Connect the Apple TV and iOS device on the same WIFI connection.
 Install the YouTube Music app from the App Store.
 Launch the application on your iOS device.
 Complete the sign-in process using the credentials.
 Play your favorite music content on the application.
 Tap on the AirPlay icon available on the player.
 Choose the Apple TV from the list of devices.
 Thus, you can stream the YouTube Music content on your TV.
How to Fix YouTube Music Not Working issue on Apple TV
If you face errors like loading, freezing, or becoming unresponsive while streaming YouTube Music on AppleTV, then you can try some of the troubleshooting ideas to solve those problems.
- Verify the stable internet connectivity on your TV.
- Restart the Apple TV to clear out the background activities.
- Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube Music app to solve the app-related problems.
- Update the YouTube Music app and also update the Apple TV.
- Check the server status of the YouTube Music using Downdetector.
- At last, try resetting the Apple TV to bring back the initial setting of your TV.
No, YouTube Music is only available for iPhones and iPads. For Apple TV, either you need to cast the content from the iOS device or use the YouTube app.
YouTube Music is a free app. YouTube Music Premium subscribers can get ad-free songs and can download music to listen to later offline.