Sony Smart TVs are one of the best smart TVs available in the market. The best thing about Sony Smart TV is that it runs on Google-made Android TV OS. So, most of the Google apps like Play Store, Play Music, Play Movies are pre-installed with it. With this, you don’t have to install apps manually. Like this, YouTube is also the pre-installed app. But the YouTube app on some Sony Smart TVs is not working and having some issues. In this post, we will explore all the issues on YouTube with Sony Smart TV.
YouTube is one of the constantly updating apps, To avoid software issues and other minor issues, make sure that you are using the latest version of the YouTube app on your smart TV.
YouTube Unsupported Devices
On 20th April 2015, Google released an official statement that the YouTube app won’t work on outdated devices. You can check the list of unsupported devices in the statement here. It is stated that the Smart TVs & Gaming consoles that are manufactured in 2012 and earlier won’t have the YouTube app. This includes Sony smart TVs too.
The Sony smart TVs and Blu-ray Discs manufactured in 2012 and earlier won’t have the support for the YouTube app. If you try to access the YouTube app on these older devices, the app won’t open and display any error messages.
YouTube on Newer Sony Smart TV Issues
If you have issues with the YouTube app on your newer Sony smart TVs (2013 and after), try the following solutions.
- Make sure that your Sony smart TV has an active internet connection.
- Restart your TV and try again.
- Restart your WiFi router and try again.
- If none of these are working, try refreshing the internet content.
How to Refresh Internet Content on Sony Smart TV
(1) On the smart TV remote, click the HOME button.
(2) Choose the Settings option and choose the System Settings option.
(3) Go to Set-up on the System Settings window.
(4) Now, select the Network option. For 2014 and before models, you can choose the Network form the Settings screen itself.
(5) Select the Refresh Internet Content. This will refresh your internet activity and remove all the temporary files.
Use the YouTube app on newer Sony smart TV models. If you have any issues in the YouTube app, do the mentioned remedies. YouTube app won’t work in 2012 and earlier models of smart TVs. Make sure that you are using the newer version of smart TV to access the YouTube app. If you have any specific issues, tell us in the comments section.
Related: YouTube on Firestick
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I get YouTube on my Sony Smart TV?
If you Sony Smart TV is manufactured in 2012 and earlier, you can’t. If your Sony Smart TV is manufactured in 2013 and after, you can use the YouTube app.
2. Why is my YouTube not working on my Sony TV?
YouTube app won’t work in 2012 and earlier models of Sony Smart TV.